How to See a Foreign Leader's Opinion?

Discussion in 'Old World - General Discussions' started by steveg700, Oct 13, 2021.

1. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

So, on the Nations tab you can see the opinion that other nations have. You can hover and see the modifiers that got them there. Great. Got it.

It also shows the nation's leader who has his own opinion. Persia is pleased with me due largely to us having a National Alliance. However, the leader is upset with me. I would like to know why, but I see no place I can hover the cursor to see his modifiers. I don't want to guesstimate. I want to see this king's opinion modifiers.

Is there a way to do this?

2. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

Why, yes, of course!

upload_2021-10-13_16-19-58.png

Attached Files:

3. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

No. Again, I want to see the leader's opinion modifier.

Not the nation's opinion modifiers.

4. Solver

Solver Mohawk Games Designer

That tooltip has both. The ones indented under the leader are the leader's modifiers. So in the image above, the -40 from "Stronger than Rome" is the leader's only opinion modifier.

5. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

I understand that it is showing a modifier in the provided screenshot, but is that actually exhaustive? In your game is it lining up with the leader's opinion? I've had upset leaders not show any negative modifiers under that hoverbox, as if only some of the modifiers were represented there.

I'll try to dig up a screen shot when I see it happening.

6. Solver

Yep, a screenshot might help. All opinion modifiers should be visible.

The other place they're available is if you hover over the leader's portrait and then expand the tooltip for "Upset" or whatever, that's how you can see any character's opinion in detail.

7. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Okay, this is good stuff. This is what I wanted. Thanks.

So I hover over the leader's portrait, I get another hoverbox for that leader, and that's where I can see the number that represents his opinion. But a hoverbox goes away once you're not hovering. So expend the tooltip for Upset or whatever?

Some of my problem is visual. It's so hard for me to make out iconography on these tabs or make out what I'm supposed to reading. Everything's so small, it's hard to find the right thing to hover over or click on.

8. Solver

If you hold down Shift or middle-click the mouse, that freezes a tooltip in place so it doesn't go away - that's key to using OW tooltips effectively.

steveg700 likes this.
  9. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Bless you and yours.

10. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

Everything is always there for me.

11. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

If I observe a discrepancy in the future, I'll treat it as a bug. Thanks.