How to Set up a PBEM game?

skyline5k

Warlord
A few of us want to start a game, and I've offered to set the whole thing up. What we want to do is start out with about 3 or 4 cities and some units, so that we don't have to waste time in the initial 1-city phase.

I have their email & smtp, so I can set that up. But how would I set up the game so that they have the civs they want, and the cities they want? They trust me to set their cities up in a decent manner, so that they won't be screwed, so that's not a problem.

Try using cheat mode and single player, be sure to select a white civ and keep switching between civs during the first turn giving everyone settlers to make the cities. Though there might be a better editor than what comes with the game for doing that. Actually now that I think about it since its hotseat.... after you cheat in SP and make it a Scenario (giving everyone settlers where you want to put the city) then you can switch to all the civs and build them and then cheat again to add in units and all. Though really I think playing on hamachi or something would be easier for a normal game. My understanding is that most of the time people just PBEM for scenarios... but I guess if that's the only way you can get everyone there then it works.

Top Bottom