How to shoot religion units ?

Jabulani

Warlord
Sometimes I see AI sending religious men to my lands and I want to kill them but my units can't catch/kill them.

I want to physically pile them into a trap or just eliminate them, I hate seeing them running freely on my corn fields.

Please tell me how to do that

Thx in advance

If you declare war you can attack them normally. Otherwise you have to use your own apostles or inquisitors to fight them.

I don't think you can shoot them, I think you have to move to the tile they occupy. They're captured/killed immediately when you do this, even with a ranged unit (only if you're at war with them), but I haven't been able to fire at them with bows.

I think starting a war attacking them doesn't work because I tried and nothing happened, maybe I did anything wrong ?

Btw how one of my religious man can attack a foreign religious man ?

Thx and sorry but this is my first game and I hate seeing them

Try using the move command and have your military units move to the tiles they occupy, instead of just right clicking on their tile. That should work, assuming they have enough movement points to get there and you're at war with the civ they're coming from.

If you're at peace, or at war, you can create apostles to 'attack' enemy religious units, and they initiate faith combat as if they were two units fighting each other. Religious units that 'defeat' another religious unit in this way give religious pressure of their religion to nearby cities. You need a temple to buy apostles though, and you purchase them with faith. Apostles and religious units are of the religion of the majority religion of the city you buy them from, so be careful, don't buy apostles from a city that has been converted to another religion.

Try using the move command and have your military units move to the tiles they occupy, instead of just right clicking on their tile. That should work, assuming they have enough movement points to get there and you're at war with the civ they're coming from.

I have to try this out, thx, even if I don't get the difference I'll try it.

I will read the rest of your answer now, thx !

I tried again lot of times and I couldn't attack an AI apostle even using the " move to " button.

I tried with melee, bombard etc no way. I was able to engage them with mine apostle but not with a military unit. I was Sumer his apostle were Egyptian.

Am i missing something ?

In my games so far there are only one or two cities where they produce those Apostles. Send one or two Apostles of your own with the right promotion ( eliminate other religion or 3 times stronger on foreign civs ) to those cities and he wont be able to build any more. And sometimes they start building missionaries for YOUR religion ... . This way I could eliminate most rival religions so far ...

Are you "At War" with Egypt?

I don't remember well but initially I am sure I was not, later perhaps.

I assume it doesn't make any difference because If I am not at war I should be prompted if I would like to, it didn't popup anything.

It does make a difference, there is no prompt. You must go declare war manually then you can kill civilian units with military ones, including Missionaries, Apostles etc.

It does make a difference, there is no prompt. You must go declare war manually then you can kill civilian units with military ones, including Missionaries, Apostles etc.

Urf, thx mate, I assumed the general rule applied to those units but I was wrong.

I'll give them a second try

Top Bottom