how to speed the game between turns

Ramba

Chieftain
I want to speed up my gameplay.

So my PC has the following key stats: core i5 3,10 ghz 8gb ram, samsung evo 840 ssd

I play on map size: standart

my radeon 6870 runs fine and i think a better graphics card would not speed up the game between turns, am i right?

is there a large difference if i would buy a new processor?
and what else can i do tu speed up the game to its maximum

Thanks

I'm not sure about the technical end of things. But have you tried the quick movement/combat option when setting up the game? I've found games on maps bigger than standard to be frustrating without it and on smaller maps on quick it feels like your playing speed chess.

quick movement/combat, already done.

the game runs relatively fast, but i want to to maximize the game speed to its optimum.

I guess opting "quick move" and "quick combat". Your machine is fine. Some AI or CS turns just take a little longer to process sometimes, especially in the "later game" when there are "more things going on".

I guess it's just how fast the game plays, then. I don't notice it being "long", maybe in some instances 15 or 20 seconds each "turn process" in late game on a larger map.

It would be so great, if they would let you deactivate animated combat for all fights you're not involved in. I don't care an allied city state sinks yet another barbarian galley...

when I'm at war, I'd like to see what my enemy is doing, because there's no reasonable log function to review what happened after their turn.

Top Bottom