1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

How to start as Prussia?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by Genghis Khaiser, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser King

Prussia's better off starting at the 1700 AD scenario unless you previously played as the HRE and developed its core.

I've played Civ4 for the first time in months and I forgot what I did to make a more advanced Prussia.

My questions are: What do I build and research? When and in what order do I conquer? What civics do I adopt? How many Great People do I settle and how many do I use for science and Wonders?

What I do so far:
    -Adopt Monasticism and Isolationism, later switch to Constitution, Egalitarianism, Secularism and Nationhood whenever two of these are available.
    -Conquer Denmark right away, considering sacking or razing it.
    -Focus espionage on the Netherlands.
    -First research goes to Replaceable Parts, DOW on Poland as soon as my Fusiliers are updated.
    -Here's one of my questions: What research order to follow? I then beeline to Nationalism, Journalism, Machine Tools and Psychology.
    -I focus my cities on Production and Science. I don't know what to build, I create Spies, army and buildings relevant to science or great people. I also build the Brandenburg Gate and Neuschwanstein whenever I can, and any other Wonders if I have time to.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020