1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop AI from winning religious victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by SupremacyKing2, Jan 10, 2019.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I usually play on continents map which provide a nice barrier to the AI. But I've decided to try my hand at fractal maps and a couple games now, the AI is able to just spam missionaries to the entire landmass and win a religious victory before I get even close to winning a science or culture victory.

I know I can DoW and kick out the missionaries but what do you do when your cities are already converted and you've not founded a religion? Can I try to encourage a rival civ to spread their religion to me? If so, how? I know I could probably just try to conquer the offending civ before they win a religious victory but that is not always easy if they are far away from me on the map.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Kill him.

3. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

But he's kinda far and there is cute little Poland civ between us. :)

4. Wit

Wit Chieftain

Ultimately, there are just two paths: 1) counter at the religious level (spread your own, religious combat, etc); or 2) counter at the military level (kill missionaries, capture cities, etc).

I've found that the diplomatic approach is basically useless; a complaint results in a response to the tune of "no, no, it is all for the best, you will see..." or something like that.

5. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Crud. Isn't Poland doing anything about his religious spam? Poland is a religious civ, too.

Ally with Poland and attack him together.

SupremacyKing2 likes this.