1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Stop Barb Minor Civs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by Cruor, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Cruor

Cruor Chieftain

I'm playing Civ 4 again after years away, I remember loving the RoM mod and I see its still being worked on so I downloaded it.

I like to play on real world maps like Huge Earth, Europe, Asia, etc. I make or edit my own maps and try to place resources to make realistic trade. I also like plunking down well fortified barb cities in certain spots as either a prize to be taken with good resources or just put in a smart place for the AI to capture later so they cant found a city in a stupid spot.

Anyway, once a city is hitting 3 pop it is becoming a minor civ, and is ruining what I have set up. (for example I made a barb city on Cypris named Nicocia and it became Washington) I went into RoM options in game, and set min pop for barbs to settle up to 10, didn't help. I do not remember this feature in the original RoM and I'm not liking it here. Is there any way I can turn it off, or at least make it so i takes a higher population city or X turns for a barb city to become a minor civ?

2. Cruor

Cruor Chieftain

I found the game option to turn off barbarian civs, and I have. I would not mind a city eventually becoming a civ but Id prefer it to be MUCH later down the line then it has been happening. What file so I need to edit to make min size city 8 or so?

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

It should be in the BUG options. City size and number of nations that have met the barbarian city are two of the parameters there.