How to stop city screen from moving on to next city or unit while I add buildings to que?

Conqueror Worm

Warlord
I am using the EUI with Vox Populai. I know that if I go into a city and hold alt I can add many building to the production que. However, when I am prompted during play that production is complete in any particular city, and I then press that pop-up and am taken to that city screen, and then click on a building to add to the city production que, the game automatically then sends me to the next city or unit. I can't figure out how to stop the mofo from moving automatically to the next screen, so therefore I cannot use the press and hold alt method to add more buildings to that production que. Can anyone help please?

Not very familiar with vox populi. Is there any chance you have auto unit cycling turned on in the interface options

As far as I know this happens also in non-modded civ game. One option is to ignore the prompt and open city manually. Not sure if there is any key that prevents it from happening though

I am using the EUI with Vox Populai. I know that if I go into a city and hold alt I can add many building to the production que. However, when I am prompted during play that production is complete in any particular city, and I then press that pop-up and am taken to that city screen, and then click on a building to add to the city production que, the game automatically then sends me to the next city or unit. I can't figure out how to stop the mofo from moving automatically to the next screen, so therefore I cannot use the press and hold alt method to add more buildings to that production que. Can anyone help please?

For me, this is only happens when I enter the building queue by clicking the large hammer that appears at the beginning of the turn (I use EUI, but not V-Pop). Doesn't happen if I go directly into the city (click its icon at left side of screen in EUI). But, like probably a lot of us, I am more apt immediately click the large hammer before I think about it. So my work-around at that point is to immediately key a back-arrow then a forward-arrow. That takes you back-a-city, then forward-a-city. You're back to the city that needs a new build-queue, and you've flushed the temporary "city that needs a new project" queue set up by clicking the large hammer.

Top Bottom