how to stop early Apost palace victory?

Whammy

Chieftain
Ok so last night i was playing against my brother, 2 humans, 4 ai, noble difficulty, 2 cont hemispheres.

He's on one continent, im on the other. He won by Dipo victory before we even met fairly early on. I just have no idea how I could have stopped it.

Basically as I understand it the apost palace bases votes on the level of influence the religion of the apost creator has. So me on the other side of continent has no influence since we have judaism and he was a hindu. He's at war with the other person who has that religion and hurts the CPU hard enough that basically he's the only person voting on the diplomatic victory.

How do you stop this? It makes it seem like if I were playing an island map game, had no religion, got christianity and built the palace, that I'd just vote myself the victory everytime.. am I wrong?

Ok so last night i was playing against my brother, 2 humans, 4 ai, noble difficulty, 2 cont hemispheres.

He's on one continent, im on the other. He won by Dipo victory before we even met fairly early on. I just have no idea how I could have stopped it.

Basically as I understand it the apost palace bases votes on the level of influence the religion of the apost creator has. So me on the other side of continent has no influence since we have judaism and he was a hindu. He's at war with the other person who has that religion and hurts the CPU hard enough that basically he's the only person voting on the diplomatic victory.

How do you stop this? It makes it seem like if I were playing an island map game, had no religion, got christianity and built the palace, that I'd just vote myself the victory everytime.. am I wrong?

I'm thinking that your thinking about civ 4....

You should try in the civ 4forums for more luck :p
-http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom