how to turn AIs against each other??

teoks

Chieftain
reading through the forums, i'm seeing alot of similar suggestions abt making AIs turn against each other, but i have no idea how to do it.

im trying for a diplo win, so i've spent every effort in maintaining good relations with those, and got myself Friendly statuses from quite a few other civs. But turns out that, the 2nd runner up was one of my Friendly civs. and for some reason, the other friendly civs i have mostly decide to vote for her (hapshetsut) than me. but i cant ruin their relations because the "stop trading with her" or "declare war on her" options are red since they "just don't like me enough" (we are friendly and i gave u all the techs u wanted for the past 5000 years goddammit) or they "couldn't betray a close friend!!" (u just betrayed me by not voting for me).

spies should have the ability to sabatage relations or something between civs...

I haven't found a good way to really get them at each other's throats yet, but I can get them to turn against me pretty reliably. :|

One feature that Birth of the Federation had that I don't recall ever seeing again... when your spies completed an operation, sometimes you could blame it on another empire and damage their relations. A more robust espionage system with that sort of option would've been nice for Civ4.

Ahhh, you just mentioned the single best part of Birth of the Federation ;)! I don't see any reason why we won't ever see it again. In fact, I am hoping and praying that this will appear in future expansions.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

What's birth of the federation, star trek game?

I also believe that sort of espionage option was available in Alpha Centauri. I too would like to see more espionage options like this.

Hi,

Grand Fromage said:
One feature that Birth of the Federation had that I don't recall ever seeing again... when your spies completed an operation, sometimes you could blame it on another empire and damage their relations.

You could do this in Master of Orion as well (at least in the original, I forgot how it was in II and III). The option to frame another race only came if you were especially good at spying (played a race with a bonus to spying or had researched the corresponding techs a lot). It was fun indeed! :)

-Kylearan

Once the relations between two civs are strong, you won't be able to get them to fight each others, but if you start early you can make sure two civs will hate each others for the rest of the game.

Watch the diplomacy menus when you talk to someone to see if they would agree to declare war to another Civ. If the option is in white, ask what they want for it. Often it will be one tech or two, and sometimes you can bargain. Once they're at war, they will start hating each other more and more when cities will be razed/taken.

Of course you will get a -1 for bringing another civ to declare war to someone, and they'll ask for your help (which you might refuse and get another -1).

I find this is very important to do when you are sharing a continents with many other civs. Making them fight each others will ensure they won't declare war on you (as they are busy with someone else). Then you can decide between developping peacefully or enter an easy war against a civ already weakened by another war.

Top Bottom