1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to turn on World Builder on Rise anf Fall? (Steam)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by mxh, Feb 4, 2019.

1. mxh

mxh Chieftain

Hi,

just got the game yesterday now trying to figure out the world builder.

theres no such AppOptions.txt under my Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Civ6.app

and the lines in Mods.lua arent the same as some older posts tell.
    like this https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/58p4s5/i_managed_to_enable_the_world_builder/
    plus that post is from 2 years ago maybe its not relevant anymore

so can someone give me a hint about how to enjoy civ6 with a map editor like the way with civ5 and ige?

Thanks

2. LFRANK

LFRANK Semper Fidelis! Supporter

I followed the directions in the reddit post and got WorldBuilder working. Remember to open the app contents (right-click Civ VI app, choose Show Package Contents), then follow the folder path to locate the Mods.lua file. I found my copy here:

/Users/~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Civ6.app/Contents/Assets/Base/Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Mods.lua

Then did in search for Controls.WorldBuilder:SetHide(false); (found at line 831) and made the changes.

Hope this helps.

oakdragon likes this.
  3. kiwipeso

kiwipeso Chieftain

World builder is available, but you have to enable it first, then go to enable it as a mod when you run Civ6.