1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use FireTuner?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Pouakai, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I'd like to use FireTuner to test a new mod of mine, can anyone give me a guide on how to get it working?

2. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

Here's what I do:

- Start Civ5

- Under video options, change Civ5 to not full screen

- Start FireTuner

- There are a bunch of panels in FireTuner, the one I use most is called "Game" I think. It lets you start AutoPlay for different numbers of turns. The Autoplay buttons aren't all labeled right, but the turn numbers are 1, 2, 10, 50, 100, etc or about that.

With Autoplay the AI plays all the civs and then will stop and give you control of the civ you select in the middle of the Game panel. That way you can watch how the AI plays your mod and test things.

There's a lot more to FireTuner too, but I haven't messed around with much more.

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

OK, so how do I actually -use- FireTuner? Assuming I want to add techs or something

4. Redox

Redox Chieftain

This question is hard to answer, because it's not clear what exactly you need help with.

If you want to add techs for human player, there is an "Active Player" tab in the Fire Tuner. You need to start your scenario, then go to this tab and give yourself a tech. It doesn't allow you to give some specific tech though.

If you want to achieve some more precise results, you need to issue a command through console (Lua Console tab). Select a unit and type UI:GetHeadSelectedUnit():SetMoves(600) in the console input at the bottom. This will give 10 moves to a unit. To know what commands to give, you need to open source lua files which do something similar to what you want, and find out what commands do they use.

Also, I think there was an improved version of FireTuner which allowed more control over what you can do. Different "cheat engines" could be helpful. I think the one I remember was written by Onni.

5. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Start HERE.
    Continue with THIS.

Everything else is personal interpretation & deduction(s)! ;)

6. Redox

Redox Chieftain

I wasn't looking for advise on Live Tuner, but this first tutorial is awesome, I didn't know these things. Thanks Zyxpsilon!

7. m202

m202 Chieftain

You HAVE to go into windowed mode, all you have to do is alt tab between programs. You should keep multiple programs open though because sometimes civ will mess with you and say you have the fire tuner open but you cant see it. So click the other program you have open like IE or Firefox, and then click the firetuner again, then it should come up.