How to view loyalty per turn in every city?

hucker

Warlord
When I conquer and keep a city, and it needs a governor to give it enough loyalty, how do I decide which governor to move there? If I look in the city status list, it just says they're all at 100/100 loyalty, but doesn't give the loyalty change per turn. Obviously I want to move a governor from the city which needs them least (i.e. is producing the most loyalty per turn) and not end up moving one from a city which will then make it start losing loyalty. Is there any way of finding this out? All I've found is the clumsy method of pretending to move a random governor, then the list of cities they can move to shows loyalty per turn.

If they're at max loyalty 100/100 then there's no change going on. Governors all give 8 loyalty in a city. The most useful one is Victor, whose second promotion boosts loyalty by four to all cities within 9 tiles (as well as 8 where he's placed), so well worth strategically moving around during wartime.

The problem is I can't tell if a city would lose loyalty if the governor was removed.

I think it's Assign Govenor and a list appears on the left of screen showing Before and After for each city.

The 'city details' screen has a Loyalty tab, which gives the specifics of a city's situation. When you click on that tab, there's also a small bar that appears under each city, which gives those details in summary for every city. Here's a screenshot:

loyalty.png

I think it's Assign Govenor and a list appears on the left of screen showing Before and After for each city.
That doesn't show the city you're removing the governor from.

The 'city details' screen has a Loyalty tab, which gives the specifics of a city's situation. When you click on that tab, there's also a small bar that appears under each city, which gives those details in summary for every city. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 657110

How does that help me determine which cities would still remain full loyalty if the governor was removed?

How does that help me determine which cities would still remain full loyalty if the governor was removed?

Um, you just do the math. A governer provides +8 loyalty. If I were to remove Victor from Mumbai, it would be at -5.8 loyalty/turn instead of +2.2, and thus would rebel in 11 turns if everything else stayed the same.

Um, you just do the math.
[shudder] It's maths. Plural.

A governer provides +8 loyalty. If I were to remove Victor from Mumbai, it would be at -5.8 loyalty/turn instead of +2.2, and thus would rebel in 11 turns if everything else stayed the same.
Ah I see. So I'd open the loyalty screen, then click each city title on the map and it would show me loyalty increase per turn even if it's full? Eg. full loyalty rising +6 would change to falling -2, so bad idea to move the governor out of that city?

[shudder] It's maths. Plural.

You say lorry, I say truck; it's all good.

Ah I see. So I'd open the loyalty screen, then click each city title on the map and it would show me loyalty increase per turn even if it's full? Eg. full loyalty rising +6 would change to falling -2, so bad idea to move the governor out of that city?

Sure, you can check each city's loyalty bar once you have the loyalty tab open in a city. If a city is at full loyalty, then a -2 isn't that a big deal, it'll take quite a while before the city is affected at all. See the wiki for more info on the details.

You say lorry, I say truck; it's all good.
We say lorry and truck. Both are correct for the big 18 wheelers. But Merkins say truck when they mean large car.

Math is simply wrong. There's more than one, there's addition, multiplication, and all the more complicated stuff. When there's more than one, we use the plural, which means adding an s.

Sure, you can check each city's loyalty bar once you have the loyalty tab open in a city. If a city is at full loyalty, then a -2 isn't that a big deal, it'll take quite a while before the city is affected at all. See the wiki for more info on the details.
I prefer to have nothing with a negative incase I forget, as there's no warning of impending rebellion. Well there probably is, along with the twenty other info icons up the right of the screen on every single turn which I never look at as there's way too much information. It's like trying to read your emails with no spam filter.

I prefer to have nothing with a negative incase I forget, as there's no warning of impending rebellion. Well there probably is, along with the twenty other info icons up the right of the screen on every single turn which I never look at as there's way too much information. It's like trying to read your emails with no spam filter.

You might spot the city flashing dramatically on and off if it is losing loyalty and something needs to be done about it.

I spot that about a third of the time. I assume you mean the pulsating red fist.

A simple way to check Loyalty is to enable the Loyalty Lens (should be lower left corner of screen, above the Mini Map). You will see every city's Loyalty status bar. Click once on a bar and it expands to show what is causing +/- loyalty. There are 4 icons - the little head is due to population, the hand writing is due to Governors, the circus tent due to amenities (or lack), and the gear is for other effects.

So you can pretty easily click a bunch of city status bars in a row to see who is doing better or worse. Do it for opponents as well to consider the most effective way to flip someone, or how long until they flip if they forward settle you when your regional Loyalty is strong.

Top Bottom