How violent are you in civ4 compared to civ3?

How violent are you?

• Total voters

Macha

King
I find in civ4 i find that i declare war barely ever while in civ3 i would kill off an opponent every 40 or so turns.

Forellenfilet

Chieftain
The number of wars has stayed about the same but most of the time they're now limited wars to gain control over resources, wealthy cities or choke points, rather than entirely wiping out a civ.

jan33

Chieftain
i declare war when a civ thats far north of me comes found a city near horses,iron or other stuff i need,once i have that city i go on until he begs (pays alot) for peace,
and that happens alot more in civIV then the 3:)

Macha

King
i declare war when a civ thats far north of me comes found a city near horses,iron or other stuff i need,once i have that city i go on until he begs (pays alot) for peace,
and that happens alot more in civIV then the 3:)
if there far north they usually have very litttle.
You don't get much resources in the north pole

jan33

Chieftain
if there far north they usually have very litttle.
You don't get much resources in the north pole

i ment if they come from far away to block me from a needed resource,i keep only the city's near mine if i have to go on i wipe them out and raze their city's that are to far

Pe Ell

Warlord
Pretty much the same. Though warring is more limited now. Rather than just conquering all you tend to set up more precise goals and stop when you have what you need. No more endless steamrolling.

Macha

King
Pretty much the same. Though warring is more limited now. Rather than just conquering all you tend to set up more precise goals and stop when you have what you need. No more endless steamrolling.
I used to like declaring war on an enemy for something small then not stopping until they were defeated.

sylvanllewelyn

Perma-newb
By "violent" I will take it as screaming and shouting at the screen, kicking your dog and barking at family and friends that you lost your axeman at 95% odds. Then yes, I broke a couple of keyboards already.

ZB2

New wave Ideology
i voted the highest violent :) but id pick the SUPER war monger option if it were there. AI doesnt like me any more...

The number of wars has stayed about the same but most of the time they're now limited wars to gain control over resources, wealthy cities or choke points, rather than entirely wiping out a civ.

same here. only now Civ4 lets you see alot more governemt detail (actual numbers and figures about money and such) its easier to keep track, and more free time to plot a nice war or two.

personally i only really play civ becuase its historical, and room for lots of wars :D

Nuka-sama

See ya! It has been a fun decade!
I play on Always war if it's not Diety level

lilnev

King
Never played Civ3. But I definitely war more than I used to on Civ1. Ah, the good old days....

peace,
lilnev

Kietharr

Prince
Much, MUCH less until I get communism, the cost for maintaining all of that land is far too much without state property, until then I just pick on people very close to me with resources I need. But I build up military and keep it upgraded and run to communism ASAP, then I just steamroll everything like I did in civ3, but even more than in civ3 because AIs refuse to do anything useful for me, so I don't bother keeping friends that I can defeat anymore, I just assimilate them.

Gnarfflinger

Wiseguy in Training
I find that the game does lend itself to a series of wars, starting at Axe rushes then moving on to Swords, Catapults, War Elephants...

I've had games where I won before Gunpowder...

Syndrome Zed

Wanna see my quad laser?
By "violent" I will take it as screaming and shouting at the screen, kicking your dog and barking at family and friends that you lost your axeman at 95% odds. Then yes, I broke a couple of keyboards already.

:spear: Best...Reply...Ever... :cheers:

no i mean declaring war on other civs

:cry: :hammer2: :suicide:

I used to be a super builder. Now I build on the ashes of other civilizations.
Beautiful :goodjob:

Gotta agree with that. Shweeeet line! [pimp]

I started out warring more, but lately I'm trying to get back to making sandcastles instead of kicking over everyone else's. :D

dojoboy

Tsalagi
I'm a little less violent. I feel the game is more fairly balanced between warmongers and builders, which is my preference.

Top Bottom