How will I know when 1.16 is "ready"?

kontrakultur

Chieftain
Hey, DoC forum crowd!

Let me introduce myself. Me, I'm the kind of person who doesn't post in these kinds of forums. I'm also the kind of person who doesn't play any of the in-development branch versions of mods (but rather just goes to the Welcome thread and downloads the "official" version). Casual mod user.

So I played a lot of RFC back around the time BtS was released and discovered this modmod a short while ago after permanently rage quitting on Civ 6 and deciding to go back to the last game of Civilization I actually enjoyed. Played quite a bit. Proceeded to start lurking here.

So, my question, as someone who casually lurks and doesn't pay nearly the amount of attention that this kind of community deserves, is: How will I know when the next "official" version is ready? Do I refresh the "Welcome thread" every day until I see something new? Is there a newsletter? Because I'd love to give it a go whenever you guys (or I guess Leoreth) feels it's ready.

Also: Thanks for putting in the hours to continue making a modmod for a 15 year old game, more amibitious and well designed than the plurality of actual new strategy titles on the market. Cheers.

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Usually there will be a DoC v1.x released!-thread will be posted when a new thread is released, like last time https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/doc-1-15-released.630017/. I think the easiest way is to see if such a thread is posted. If it is, it will probably be on top of the thread list. At least for the first few days, maybe weeks.

Refreshing the Welcome thread also does the job.

That's right, both of these things would work. You can also subscribe to this forum and get email notifications about new threads (so you will see when the new release thread is created). You could also subscribe to the Welcome to DoC thread, but I don't know if my edits will trigger a notification.

If I may suggest -- since no one else can post in Welcome thread and all the info was already posted in the first 3 posts -- it will not dilute that thread much if on the day of releases Leo post there "Version X released!" (in addition to dedicated thread where everyone can discuss). That way anyone would only need to subscribe to one thread (Welcome) and get all the most important notifications via email.

Hey, DoC forum crowd!

Let me introduce myself. Me, I'm the kind of person who doesn't post in these kinds of forums. I'm also the kind of person who doesn't play any of the in-development branch versions of mods (but rather just goes to the Welcome thread and downloads the "official" version). Casual mod user.

So I played a lot of RFC back around the time BtS was released and discovered this modmod a short while ago after permanently rage quitting on Civ 6 and deciding to go back to the last game of Civilization I actually enjoyed. Played quite a bit. Proceeded to start lurking here.

So, my question, as someone who casually lurks and doesn't pay nearly the amount of attention that this kind of community deserves, is: How will I know when the next "official" version is ready? Do I refresh the "Welcome thread" every day until I see something new? Is there a newsletter? Because I'd love to give it a go whenever you guys (or I guess Leoreth) feels it's ready.

Also: Thanks for putting in the hours to continue making a modmod for a 15 year old game, more amibitious and well designed than the plurality of actual new strategy titles on the market. Cheers.
I used to be like you. I had an old inactive civfanatics account I never posted in then I was frustrated with Civ 5 and bored of vanilla RFC and wanted to try to insert Indonesia into the mod so I went in search of how to mod a mod. Then I found this forum which already accomplished that and much more and I've been compulsively inserting my unwanted opinion into everything ever since. So watch out.

I used to be like you. I had an old inactive civfanatics account I never posted in then I was frustrated with Civ 5 and bored of vanilla RFC and wanted to try to insert Indonesia into the mod so I went in search of how to mod a mod. Then I found this forum which already accomplished that and much more and I've been compulsively inserting my unwanted opinion into everything ever since. So watch out.

You just start off just hoping you can download a mod without getting a virus, but before you know it you’re arguing with devs about the importance of including Königsberg in the map

As long as you don't advocate Venice we're good

The true Venice is the friends we made along the way

I thought we already had Venice?
Venice as a city on the map, to be included in the HRE or the Italian civ. That's good.

Venice as its own civilization, distinct from Italy? Better not.
While I like the creative approach that Civ V had with the Venetian Civ, it's not something that fits on the RFC/DoC world map. Not even the revised map we will get in the future, I think.

Also, welcome on the forums, @kontrakultur, I hope you had some fun with DoC already? Like you, I was also starting on DoC last year, and I adore it to bits by now. Too bad I can't play it more often.

If Venice is a Civilization, then Frasier should be a Seattle civilization.

You know now!

Top Bottom