1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How will modders approach leader agendas?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by NycholusV, Oct 10, 2016.

1. NycholusV

NycholusV Chieftain

Civ 6's new AI agenda feature adds a new component that has to be created for custom leaders and civilizations. Programming aside, designing custom agendas seems to be quite a challenge in itself. To me, the number of possible distinctive agendas is very finite. How many different agendas can be conceived of? So my question is, is this a concern to prospective modders, and how will modders approach designing agendas for custom civs?

2. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

Numeric value? War - 10, Wonders - 5, Food - 7, Science - 5 and etc.

3. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

We'll just have to learn a new kind of modding I guess. Tbh I doubt any of my civs will have unique agendas when they are first released, especially seeing as we already have to make an extra unique (leader ability).

4. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Depends heavily on how agendas are implemented. If it's just semi-hardcoded XML-stuff then modders will have huge limitations on creativity, but it sounds like the stuff that you'd externalize into lua scripts, which would mean a great level of customizability for people with the capacity to code.

From a perspective of creating "interesting" agendas I actually don't have much doubt that people will, assuming it's technically doable, come up with all sorts of stuff, especially for well-known historical leaders, as they all have had their stereotypical quirks that can easily be translated into an agenda that, even if it's not that deep gameplay-wise, would most certainly feel very flavorful if it matches the character.

Of course the reality of modding is that not everybody will do that, and instead we'll get a whole lot of Leaders who represent well-known personalities but don't have much interesting gameplay/mechanics to back the theme. But that's just the nature of the beast.