How would you avoid a culture victory in a time victory game?

jnebbe

Prince
I'm playing a time victory game for the 1st time, everything is going great except that my early sushi cities are gaining culture too fast and will be legendary before the game ends. At the moment the first sushi city will reach legendary about 100 turns before the final turn.

There's 2 solutions I thought of
1 is to gift my Christo city away and go into anarchy for 5-10 turns at a time. This would prevent all culture gain but would also prevent ALL cities from growing AND prevent me from teching further.

Other solution I thought of is gifting away any cities nearing legendary status and recapture them at the very end of the game. I think this would reset their culture to 0 when the ai takes control. Problem with this is the ai doesn't have near as many sushi resources as me so the gifted city will lose pop fast. But this may be the best option since only the gifted city will be affected

Is there any other solution I haven't thought of?

* You can found Cereal Mills and spread it to those cities you are struggling with.

* As you have Cristo you run State Property at will, Sushi wil have no effect while running it. You can alternate SP with another government for 5 turns at a time to keep your cities growing reasonably.

* You can found Cereal Mills and spread it to those cities you are struggling with.

* As you have Cristo you run State Property at will, Sushi wil have no effect while running it. You can alternate SP with another government for 5 turns at a time to keep your cities growing reasonably.
I never would've thought of using SP! I'd imagine you can't build execs while in SP, do any existing execs disband when you switch to SP?

Top Bottom