How would you define middle-aged?

How you feel certainly plays a role. But health issues are more common from middle age onwards, and various conditions that are life-threatening are among them.
So better start having a more positive outlook :)

When one is a teen or in their twenties, it's (barring exceptions) a lot harder to become sick, that's for sure.

How about this? When you start feeling like you're the same, everything is different, and it's strange and awful and you wish you could go back to the way it was because you just don't understand a G-D thing about anything nowadays.

For some people this never happens. If I manage that feat, I will not be anywhere near the first person in my family to do so. My grandparents kept up with the times/culture changes, though not with computers. My parents are even better, same with some of my extended family.

There's a lot of BS in the world, constantly, but it's better now than almost any previous period. The only exception to that would be in times of major strife like civil wars, major depressions etc. Though I would argue wanting to be in "not war" or "not depression" as reasonable.

Though yeah. One way I WISH it wasn't so easy to change about ourselves is the physical effects of aging once in adulthood. If I could be "the same" in 20 years, that would be great, in the way that infinite energy would be great or a 5 year old owning a pony would be great.

Top Bottom