How would you improve Civ 4?

Recently I've been thinking that the best way to improve CIV IV ( as opposed to more radical changes , such as hex maps, that might call for a CIV V ) would be the Legends of Revolution expansion pack.

I also miss Civ 2 Engineers, gone are the days where you could nuke people relentlessly and turn every tile in the world to desert, except your empire. But I don't think this fits in with game balance, or reality, otherwise us Aussies wouldn't be hugging the coast.

I would definitely have the vassal system changed... remove/change the protective trait. Improve the AI a bit in a few places.

They could have made the graphics a bit better, the unit animations look weird and blurry. But it might just be my crappy laptop. They should have just gone straight back to 2D, or a better 3D.

I would also like to change some stuff. But my fellow civ fanatics, we sometimes forget that this is just a game. Adding so much options would make this game even more complex that it is right now.
From a marketing standpoint, the designers could probably do all of the above, but would the game than appeal a newcommer??

I like it as it is right now, the only changes that I would make would be AI (if it possible to make it more chalenging and unpredictable), resource distribution and ability to make determined number of unites based on strategic resource and multiple builds in the cities (separated for buildings and units, and slider to allocate number of hammers invested in those).

Top Bottom