1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Howdy Neighbor! Thought they fixed this.... back

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by steveg700, Jan 9, 2018.

1. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

So, I came back to playing Civ recently largely because I heard there was some patch that addressed the issue with civ's spawning their capitals on top of each other. I even recall it mentioned during one of the recent "Devs Play" videos.

Am I mistaken? Is that a patch yet to come maybe?

Well, at least I have the Restart button now.

View attachment 484917

Attached Files:

2. criZp

criZp Emperor

I've seen two settlers from two different AI civs start in adjacent tiles, and that happened today.

3. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

1) the issue of “Seeing” an starting settler next to you should have been fixed already in a patch. It does not work in 100% of cases, tough

2) the let’s play comment about changing the algorithm to space more major civs and place CS in-between is to come in a patch at the time R&F is released, therefore not available yet.

4. Portinou

Portinou Chieftain

Isn’t it planned to be released the same day as R&F?

5. bbbt

bbbt Deity

They patched it in a hotfix a month or so ago but it was like a 75% fix. A full revamp of the starting positions (mentioned in the devs play) won't be coming until the launch of rise and fall (though they said it will be added to vanilla as well).

steveg700 likes this.
  6. Paideia

Paideia Warlord

I am so looking forward to this being fixed. If you like to play tall rather than wide (which is generally horrid in Civ Vi) and don't like to focus on war. This will make my games so much more enjoyable.

7. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

I think it was fixed a few weeks ago, but yesterday it seemed unfixed.
    I was able by to wipe out France by stealing their starting Settler on turn one.:lol:

8. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

When I restarted that game, I wound up on what's looking to be a Pangea with no other civ's around for miles, but rather about ten city-states. Barbarosa is quite a ways away, but he's trying to work his way through them. He already took Palanque and Brussells, two of my faves.

I'd like for density to be another setting players can control. I know early-rush fans would actually prefer civ's to be close. And of course, an option to randomize that density would be swell.

9. donald23

donald23 Warlord

Also, that patch and hotfix aren't out for Mac and Linux yet.

10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I still get a fair amount of "start right on top of me" settlers.