HS - PT/ND gets me killed on Immortal

Get archery early and get a few Bowmen to sit around your capital before you start NC. The AI on high difficulties loves nothing more than a turn 20-25 warrior rush, so I've made it my habit to get Archery as my second tech so I can buy a Bowman/Archer if I need it. If you really feel like you nee walls, you SHOULD be able to squeeze them without delaying NC. On Immortal you have plenty of time to get HS->PT/ND since the AI doesn't love HS nearly as much as the other wonders so you can delay it a bit to build up your defenses. Hell even on Deity you can routinely get it in the 90s-early 100s if you don't have a wonder whore AI.

I'm not really sure what else to say here :lol:

Light Cleric is right; pushing out a few bowman is sound advice at any level above Prince. On Immortal, the AI starts with two warriors, a worker and a a scout. In addition, it starts with Pottery, Animal Husbandry and Mining. It has several more advantages all of which are listed for every level in Civilization V: Difficulties.

Also, on Immortal and even moreso on Deity difficulty you cannot use the same strategy on every map. Your beginning strategy needs to be determined by the map and your situation. If you have a close and typically aggressive neighbor (like Japan, Rome, France, etc.) then you need to adjust your strategy accordingly. That being said you can still usually kick out a few defensive units and also manage the HS-PT combo, particularly on Immortal. On Deity the HS will sometimes go in the 80's, so it is possible to miss that in some games.

Have your second city build Archers while the capital is building NC & later HS. Don't waste time building barracks; it's better to have 2 Archers with no experience than just 1 with experience.

Have your second city build Archers while the capital is building NC & later HS. Don't waste time building barracks; it's better to have 2 Archers with no experience than just 1 with experience.

And/Or buy the Archers. Early game you can get them some XP by simply send them out to farm any nearby Barb camps.

Top Bottom