1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hub - Always War PBEM

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Nighthawk419, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Posted to Skellora

2. chasbolt

chasbolt RTO

Hub_Always_War_AD-1110_to_Nighthawk

3. chasbolt

chasbolt RTO

Spanish galleons spread out to cause havoc in the Bolt Sea dropping raiders to press me. Strange raiders have metallic horse like beasts to aid them. :scared:

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Hello everyone

I have posted for a replacement here and Tigranes has responded, it is currently my turn so I've forwarded him the turn.

The Tracker is here

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

GPSed to Skellora

Spectacular turn with every single attack against Vikings being successful :crazyeye:

6. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Wait, are you the Vikings or did you attack the Vikings? Either is bad, we're having a runway player here, so always war or not, we simply can't afford fighting anyone but Spain.

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I am replacing eclipse of Persia, still under his name for time being. And I agree with you, except for something really bad -- it is Middle Ages and Persia has exactly zero Religion. This is the first time I see civ like this. I need to capture any close by city with religion badly. I say it loud and clear, cough, cough, those who have ears to hear let them hear! (I mean eyes to read).

Spoiler :
    Where is Hinduism in this game?

8. Imp. Knoedel

Tell me about it. I had to research all the way to Philosophy to get a religion.

Since we play with Choose Religions I assume nobody has researched Divine Right yet.

Sorry, I'm too far away from you, and I suspect I'll be the enemy's next target after India has been destroyed. From what I've heard Spain already has Galleons, so an attack can come from every direction.

9. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

LOL way to go Tigranes. Eclipse and I had an easy agreeable peace since Spain is a threat to everyone. We were both working towards upgrading our economy to potentially fight Spain one day. Now you've just wasted units and made it even easier for Spain to win. And I say that because there's no way you'll be taking any of my holy cities and now you are just instigating me more to make me want to bring you down with me. Stupid war-monger! You never even think about peace, do you!??

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Peace in always war scenario? Anyways I needed that General, and I only killed 3 units guarding our border. If you guys were working together -- why park your guards at the spot where Persia has none? As for the stupid ... I'll just save me some time and leave your words with you. :rolleyes:

11. Imp. Knoedel

For crying out loud Tigranes, this is why we can't have nice things.

12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Nice things like this? No, thank you. I am not used to insulting people in public/private. So don't blame me please.

As for dogpiling sPAIN -- I am all for it, but how am I supposed to do it without a religion?
    Let me capture one small city with religion so I could spread it myself: your Missionaries cannot enter my cities in Always War scenario.

13. Imp. Knoedel

Quit your whining and just deal with it, or beeline Divine Right.

14. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Yes! Just because its technically always war doesnt mean not to dogpile the clear leader!

My guards were minimal and have always been there as an early warning system for an incoming attack so I can therefore move my troops internally to defend my holy border city... like I just did this last turn. I didn't know or care why Eclipse had his stack of units nearby, but they hadn't moved for centuries!

And since when do you need a holy city to go to war?? Its not like I have any shrines!

15. Imp. Knoedel

Say that to the crusaders. :lol:

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

GPSed

Spanish Brother is watching me! From the hill across the Eastern strait.

17. chasbolt

chasbolt RTO

The Spanish domination of the seas will be my end with invasions occurring on all sides. My people hope to bloody the invader but those horses in armor are scary. :eek:
    Warhunter/Chasbolt

Hub_Always_War_AD-1190_to_Nighthawk

18. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

This game is over, we are just playing out the string at this point. I will enjoy seeing Tigranes' army break upon my walls in the next 2 turns or so.

Filon do me a favor, if you read this, just take out Tigranes next. It will save us all the hassle :p

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Does Filon ever post? As for you -- just make a deal with me. I settle a city next to hub, you capture it, spread Judaism, let me recupture and I will forget about your unsophisticated Vikings. ..

20. Imp. Knoedel

Well I'm certain Filon will post here soon to thank his strongest supporter and ally Tigranes for so generously helping him win the game.