1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hub - Always War PBEM

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Nighthawk419, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I don't think there is any AI here?

Edit; I have a question, can either the AI or humans or both be exactly the same Civ and Leader? That is where civs and leaders can be selected.

2. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

There is no AI in this game... i think in a custom game you can have the same civs and leaders? not 100% sure though...

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

To answer Eclipse´s question: Yes you can, in fact I remember reading about a very weird game in Stories & Tales where every single Player was Suryavarman of Khmer.
    Why´d you ask? Planning another absurd PBEM, do you?

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Sent to Skellora

5. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Does the option "Always War" relax war weariness?

6. Filon

Filon Chieftain

Yes, if I'm not mistaken, war weariness is reduced by 50%

7. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Yes look here
    Spoiler :
    Although this is a Civ3 creation (unfinished) I though it MIGHT work with BTS but I don't have skill of the editor in BTS that I do in Civ3.

How I'd describe this is like using transports in a chain, the first transport moves out and reaches the 2nd as it exhausts its movement points, the units are transfered over and the 2nd and so on continue until you hit land (turn over) land transports take over as their sea counter parts.

Its essentially an "end of days" scenario where Nukes will be launched and your mission is to disarm these lightly defended cities but they are scattered and you only have 7 turns and each of these cities are on a different timetable for the launch. You will need to team, you will need to "investigate these cities via espionage" to find which order you need to take them out, the kicker is the bad guys can build mines to speed there production and you unannounced to you. If one launches its game over!
    If it can be done in BTS it might be Railroad and 4 turns = 1 day.

Its a "Complete Kill" so you don't have cities or production, instead you must manage everything you have, put units like Armored personnel carries in strategic locations to use their movement points rather than your fighters. Its a giant strategic nightmare!

Player 1 sole mission is handling the gold and espionage and guiding you, the next players are the grunts, the last player is crazy Ivan the nuclear nut case

EDIT I've been playing FFP nonstop since you mentioned it, Love it!!!

8. Imp. Knoedel

Excellent, I´m still not sure whether to start a PBEM in it with the current version or a new one.

9. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Although it has its issues they are across the board to all players to include the AI if added. With that said though the units you command are first rate and very well suited for a game in which fighting takes precedence over a Economic victory.

10. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Sent to Skellora

I was surprised to check the tracker and found it was my turn but did receive it as usual

11. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

sent to Filon. sorry for the delay.

im also half in the bag... no idea what you guys are talking about.

12. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

It was off topic
    FF is the Final Frontier mod that came with BTS, the "P" Is a mod made from that mod, it is awesome but has some "yield" issuoe when you hit "end turn". But all players have the same issue so it's a wash except for a certain leader

13. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Sent to Skellora

Yummy we'll have pigs!

14. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

sent to Filon...

for some reason I'm STRUGGLING to find where the hub is! By the time I get there Knoedel is going to have the whole thing settled lol

15. Imp. Knoedel

Not the whole thing, only the part closest to you. ;P

16. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Same thing here, but then maybe I'm looking for a thin spoke. What will be funny when it is found and you see another player, your either going to give chase or run like H3LL :D

17. Imp. Knoedel

You know what would be awesome? If there was a Marble resource right in the center of the hub. :D

Btw how about another realtime game soon? After next week school begins again for me and with this being my final year I won´t have much time for Civ then.

18. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

No Oil !!!

Yes next time a weekend game please :blush:

19. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I may actually be able to get that buddy of mine and do a game next weekend. I'll have to see what he's up to. Normally I can't with the family, but I will be on my own with the guys for "fantasy football draft weekend", a giant man-fest of fun. Depending on what the groups plans are, we may have a free night to do it... I'll definitely let you guys know!

Knoedel if there is Marble on this hub I will do everything in my power to make sure you do NOT have it!!!

20. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I'd like to suggest since there is 3 "Random" players here we don't spoil their surprise as to who they are, if you meet them then You know who they are.

Make this post as a prediction; We will loose 1 player this era and 2 the next, and in the Ren it will be 1 vs 2, the 1 far more advanced than the 2