Huge 18-civ Europe Map for BTS

ChanceDanger

Warlord
This map is still in a testing phase, but I've adapted the Europe map from Vanilla and fixed starting locations for civs. Features a crowded West and a sparsely filled in east. This is more of a work in progress, so any advice would be excellent.

18 civs
Spoiler :
Spain, Portugal, England (Elizabeth), Celtia (Boudica), France (Louis), Rome (Julius), Carthage, Holy Roman Empire, Prussia (Germany w/Bismarck), Dutch, Vikings, Egypt (Hatty), Greece (Alex), Byzantine, Turkey (Mehmed II IIRC), Russia (Catherine), Mongolia and Babylon

Mini-Map:

I've got no photo enhancement equipment, but hopefully you'll already probably have guessed where they are starting.
Spoiler :
Celts in Western Iberia (I find Boudica and Isabella founding Hindu and Buddhism pretty funny), HRE is in Central Europe and Mongolia finds itself on the Black Sea (someone has to be near Cathy)

Notes on this Map:
Spoiler :

-This map was pretty low on luxury resources, so I've tried to add them in areas where A) they could be up for competition or B) to liven up a areas near starts (silver/vikings comes to mind)
-This map is pretty resource sparse in general, but with all the extra land the areas that are devoid of resources usually get something in return (i.e Russia gets few food resources, but you've got forests up the wazoo)
-Jungles were added just to house some extra resources (and hopefully attract Iberian AIs to settle in Africa)
-I'd like some notes on resources distribution if possible. Most resource spots are inherited from the Civ4 Europe map/scenario (from the Complete edition), but I'd like to enhance resource trading possibilities

Give it a run and let me know how it plays.

Instructions:
-Download and unzip file
-Place in your worldbuilder folder Beyond The Sword > Saves > WorldBuilder
-Start BTS and click Play a Scenario. You're there

Attachments

• Europe18civsBTS.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,245
I have been wanting to play the default Europe map, but it was so empty and random starts are kinda meh. This looks fantastic. I am gonna play it now. I will let you know how it goes.

I'm glad there was some interest during my uncivilized computer-less time. Right now I'm going to give RFC: Europe a run for some inspiration on improving the map. I don't know if anyone that's played has any thoughts on the balance; The Eastern civilizations tend to start much slower but finish much stronger. Can't tell if it's just flavored or if at high difficulties (I've done the majority of my testing on Monarch) this might be a little frustrating.

Anyway, just checking in to let anyone interested know I'm open to improving the map as there isn't many non-mod europe maps for BTS.

Top Bottom