Huge C3C Game Rule File

Skydivingcows

Chieftain
This Word document is 19 pages. It includes everything you would want to know about the units, UU, wonders, improvements, terrain, resources, tech tree and more. If you have ever wanted to have one printed document beside you, then this is it.

Fixed errors reported by inudog and 14red.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/C3C_Game_Rule.zip

Here's one page...
It's worth downloading for this page only.

Based on that one page, it looks good.

When I try to download it, I get an error message about the file being currently unavailable.

I read through the forum and found out how to use the easy upload system. The file is now added to the link above. I suppose Geocities was down when you tried to download it.

I got it through Geocities finally :). I am glad you posted it here.

The wait was worth it. :goodjob:

Hrm, when I try to open the word file it says "Unable to load graphics conversion filter. Continue with document conversion?"

Any suggestions? I click yes and it keeps popping up that same window, click no it exits word.

Skydivingcows,
Your file looks great!

Thanks for your efforts.

Two questions:

1) Does this in essence replace all earlier guides/charts to vanilla Civ and PTW?

2) THE BIGGIE: I see in the civ's section the 31 "normal" civs ... do you have the info, could you do an addenda, that will show or add in the info, for the the "32" civ, the Austrians?

They may well become my favorite (sentimental reasons, mostly). It would be great to have their info at hand for making easy comparsions to the other "31".

As there has already been a thread, "What civ do you want to bump in order to add the Austrians?" (or to that effect), I may well not be the only person who would love to see the info for the Austrians added.

Thanks. Again, great job!

Sorry about the delay, I don't have the Internet at my place. I have no idea what might cause the graphics problem. Try Microsoft.com is all I can say. :ack:
And as much as I hate to admit it, I've never tried vanilla. Don't rightly know how to import it. It took me awhile just to add units the other day for the first time. I think this also implies that I don't know about the Austrians I suppose. It would be rather difficult to squeeze them in the screen as well so you'll have to add them to the very top. This guide DOES NOT work with PTW. There are a few subtle changes such as Republic (Unit cost?) Tech changes (Ironclads...) Englands traits and more I believe. I have a simple one page chart for PTW that I will upload when I switch computers (bro's final exam week, all his)

P.S. Colonel
Are the bold Tigers Korean? My bro was a crew chief in the Triple Nickel Fighter Squadron in Italy.

This is a small one page file resembling the picture in the first post. It works with PTW and Civ3. It includes the traits of the civs, their special unit with difference of original unit, resources and tech required to build the unit, and techs civ starts with. Great to tape on computer desk :)

Attachments

• civilization abilities.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 371
Great job! Already printed it here at work.

A small remark, the commercial dock gives +1 commerce on water tiles instead of +1 food on water tiles.

Anarchy and despotism impose a penalty of one food or shield if the tile produces 3 or more food or shield respectively. It is a minor difference from what you have and only applies to a few bonus resources.

Inudog

Skydivingcows,

What an image!!!!! too much fun!!!

Abilities file is fine. Overview file will not load at all. It starts to come up and then
crashes. Do you have a more friendly version. Current crashes on either scroll down or save as. I would guess it is a problem with embedded macros or linked graphics.

I have tried opening as both Word 2000 and Word97 and both fail.

-- PF

I modified the file. I'll post it at the top when I get a chance. It includes the errors inudog and 14red caught. Funny thing is, I caught those myself but forgot to change them before uploading. Thanks for posting that. I also downloaded some updates for Office so maybe that will fix PF's problem, if not, post again. It's Word 2002.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/C3C_Game_Rule.zip

Very strange file. Don't have Word2002. When try to open it crashes and erases the file so have to unzip again. Very strange. I tried turning off DDE, OLE, autorun macros and same problem.

Any chance of posting Word 2000 version?

-- PF

Top Bottom