Huge Earth Map/ Scenario

boazman

Chieftain
This is a part-map part scenario that I made by putting other modder's great work together. The map used is Rhye's Huge Earth Map, and with dnomn8r's new dll that is compatible with Warlord 2.08. I made some alteration to the map, hopping to prevent fewer settlement in Siberia, but without much success (any idea?)

The scenario part mainly concerns with religion. There are three new 'basic' religion which I called Shinto, Mythology and Heliolatry. They are found by discovering the technology of Shamanism, Epics and Astrology respectively. They are not actually reflecting any real world religion, but really different kinds of religious respond by early people to their surronding environment.

Hunting leads to Shamanism (Hunting and gathering society)
Fishing leads to Epics (Seafaring society)
Agriculture leads to Astrology (Agriculture society)

Well I'm not a religion expert so there are no acadmic basis for these relations.;)

These three added religion lets all civilizations that does not begin with Mysticism some chances to discover their own religion. However these basic religion do not have Cathedral and Monastery, and the only way to spread them is by creating new cities (making use of Jeckel's JUnitReligion mod). Thus when the later religions were found, they have better chances of spreading (missionaries are also make cheaper). I seeks to simulate the effect of more organized religion (like Christianity and Islam) taking over more primative religion (like sun worshipping). I have tried two test games with that, and it works...sometimes.

I replace Celts with Siam and Turkey with Scythians, both from CIV Gold. This is mainly to make the development sphere for all CIVs more balanced, so there would be no more mega Eurasia empire and tiny European CIVs. It works quite well, and most CIVs can last till 19th century.

There are two maps in the files, one with all American Civilization, plus a 'terra' version, with an empty new world.

Here are some screenshots:

As you can see from the screen shot, I have somekind of messed up the Gamefont.tga, and while the religious icon display correctly, some city icons are missing. I would appreciate if someone can help me to sort that out.

Download Here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/82301/Earth_24_EDITED.rar

It's for Warlords 2.08 i presume ?

If not you should update the scripts :)

Nice to see a scenario based on Rhye's 24 Civs !

Continue this work ! Please !

I have a question : the tree new beliefs, for what region ?

Lachlan said:
It's for Warlords 2.08 i presume ?

If not you should update the scripts :)

Nice to see a scenario based on Rhye's 24 Civs !

Continue this work ! Please !

I have a question : the tree new beliefs, for what region ?

First Feedback : when i gained shinto as Atheas, it has pop upped but the pop-up was blue with no OK button and my graphic card of replacement 9700 Pro 128 Mo has not supported it !

Lachlan said:
First Feedback : when i gained shinto as Atheas, it has pop upped but the pop-up was blue with no OK button and my graphic card of replacement 9700 Pro 128 Mo has not supported it !

Sorry. I used to play with movie off so I didn't discover that. The problem seems to be that I havn't assign a movie file for the new religion so CIV4 don't know how to handle that.

If you would replace the CIV4ReligionInfo.XML in Asset/XML/GameInfo with the one attached, it should work fine.

Attachments

• CIV4ReligionInfo.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom