1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge Earth Map

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Nasty McNarf, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Nasty McNarf

Nasty McNarf Chieftain

I have a request I have seen in CTC there is a GEM and a SEM. I would like a Huge earth map like the normal BtS offers it can have 18 civs or 38 or 50 the more the better I prefer,

And just in my experience the GEM gets too much of a ram hog and I crash even using viewports. And I know you have donne your best to make the GEM playable and believe me I tried it and got a lot farther with all your memory help than before. And I do have a decent computer 6 gb ram and all that.

With regards to the SEM for me its just too small.

On a side note I could be wrong buy I swear way back in like v 18 or 20 or something you offered a huge earth map in CTC.

Thank you for your time and keep up the great work with CTC! :scan:

2. voltar

voltar Drunken Russian

+1
    Bump :)

3. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I think currently is nobody working on scenarios for C2C... If anyone of you wants to learn it, that would be really appreciated!:goodjob: Don't be shy!

4. Acularius

Acularius King

I can give it a shot during my reading week?
    That's about 2 weeks from now.

Currently just busy with programming at the moment.
    It would be most helpful if you give me a base to work from.

I would then need to spend a weekend or 2 getting all the relevant data in regards to resource placement again.

5. RidetheSpiral23

RidetheSpiral23 C2C Map Team

Thats the latest one I have. Honestly have no idea where i was at with this one or what work needs done to it.

Attached Files:

6. voltar

voltar Drunken Russian

Bump. So often I come back to check if any work has been done on maps. For me it remains that GEM gets far too slow eventually, but SEM is comically small. I miss the ol' days of playing a Huge Earth Map.

Whoever finally gets around to doing this will receive my soul.

7. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I don't mean this in any ofensive way, but have you considered doing it yourself? It is quite a lot work, but it is not hard to learn. And if you really want it, this would probably be the fastest way to get it. If you have trouble, just ask here :)

8. voltar

voltar Drunken Russian

Well where can I find the latest Huge Earth Map? What's posted here in appears to be Europe.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'll send you some moral support and advice... find a map of the earth, grid it out according to the size that the game map will have, and go off of that to design each tile. It's not really hard, just takes a while but I can see how it could be embraced as quite fun. I've got too much else to do myself but I've often wanted to do this just for giggles.

What I want is a GEM or HEM with a scenario that links all civs into teams of 2 (my wife and I would greatly enjoy this I think.)

10. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

You probably wanna try my Desert Planet Map TB (I never got any feedback on this).
    I really enjoyed playing it and while it was more or less meant in a way that one of the 2 civs in each corner would take over the other, this might be very interesting as a team game.

11. voltar

voltar Drunken Russian

A HEM was included in C2C until v28 or something? Surely someone, somewhere has the latest one used in the mod prior to its removal?

12. Acularius

Acularius King

If I remember correctly, in those versions we had a huge increase in the range of map resources to deal with.

As well with the new terrains.

13. Dreifels

Dreifels King

it looks like here nobody has a working map for C2C with less size than GEM but bigger size than Standard, working w/o CTDs and with 38 - 40 ancient civs.

In the RoM AND there had been two versions (sav size ~ 800 + 1500 KB), and now, since the GEM got removed in SVN updates because itts problems, no longer a good map of earth exists playable until the end w/o CTDs and memory allocation errors.

:confused:

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yes Driefels you are correct. No one (except harrier and his SEM version) is making GEM, HEM, LEM type maps for C2C anymore. Too much has changed in the Mod for these type maps to keep up with.

You are currently just Out of Luck buddy, sorry.

JosEPh

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Just keep in mind that most of us on the team are those who saw a problem and decided we wanted to try to fix it and then kept going on to more from there... Where there are gaps like these I can blame nothing but a lack of dedicated manpower with a focus on that portion of the game. I suppose we had some for a while but they got kinda frustrated with the growth in the mod taking place at the time. A lot of it messed with mapping efforts but I think much of that has stabilized since then.