Huge Europe map - Randomized resources and Civs.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
This is a conversion of UnCopain's huge Europe map to C2C. It's much higher quality than the one that shipped with the game. There are no preset Civs and the resources are randomized (if anyone wants to edit them in, be my guest. I have to eat and sleep this month).

I've added in almost all of the terrains and features, including active and dormant volcanoes, caves (in appropriate spots), rock formations, and the water features such as kelp, sea grass, and coral. There are also trees on the mountains for a more realistic feel. Thanks for noticing. :smoke:

EDIT: Since sea resources do not spawn in polar coasts, I removed them.

Attachments

• Huge Europe- random resources and civs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    952.7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
You should probably also make a new file of animal spawning for this as there is no link yet between the latitude/longitude of a map. It assumes that the whole world is on the map with 180 degrees east being the edges of the map.

You should probably also make a new file of animal spawning for this as there is no link yet between the latitude/longitude of a map. It assumes that the whole world is on the map with 180 degrees east being the edges of the map.

Please don't assume I have the slightest idea of how to do this?

I didn't! I am trying to get the other modders to see the need for extra information to be stored with maps indicating the part of the Earth they cover. That way we wont need different spawn files for different maps.

I didn't! I am trying to get the other modders to see the need for extra information to be stored with maps indicating the part of the Earth they cover. That way we wont need different spawn files for different maps.

Well, you addressed me. Do I need a different spawn file for this map? If so, I still don't have a clue how to implement one.

Can you elaborate on this DH? The current files specify one of the two (can't remember which one) already? How easily can the other be added in? Just editing through XML?

The spawn animal information contains a latitude and a longitude for where the animals will spawn on the map.

As far as I know in BtS the map is defined as having longitude 180 degrees east at the right hand end of the map and 180 degrees west at the left end of the map. The top is 90 degrees North and the bottom is 90 degrees South. It then works the longitude and latitude of the plots from there.

If you play a game with this map am I right or is the latitude and longitude of the plots correctly in Europe? If they are then teh spawns will work otherwise you will get northern hemisphere animals on the top half of the map and southern hemisphere animals on the bottom half. With a horizontal split into thirds for Americas, Europe/Africa and Asia/Oceaniana .

Well top and bottom latitude is defined in the world builder file currently. What needs to be done to get right and left longitude in there?

Does anyone know how to change the Starting Era from Prehistoric to ancient? Even when i manually set it in the files, it still wants me to research sedentary lifestyle.

Can someone update this map to current version of mod? Its one of my favorite, please :)

Or any advice how can i update it? Do i need any special mapmaker or something else?

Can someone update this map to current version of mod? Its one of my favorite, please :)

Or any advice how can i update it? Do i need any special mapmaker or something else?

Please contact the Map Author Mouthwash by PM/Conversation as he does not visit here much anymore.

JosEPh

It's not too different from how you would make any other kind of Civ4 scenario:

1. Start a game in my map (the options you pick are irrelevant, but use only two civs to make it easier- and don't settle a city).
2. Enter Worldbuilder and edit the terrain and features to your liking.
3. Use Worldbuilder's save button.
4. Go to Civ4Saves/Worldbuilder and open your new file in a text editor like Notepad.
4. You'll see a list of 'teams' and 'players,' most of which will be unoccupied. You need to make them all unoccupied, as such:
BeginTeam
TeamID=0
ContactWithTeam=0
RevealMap=0
EndTeam

BeginPlayer
Team=0
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
5. Directly below that there is a series of values describing the map. Make 'Randomize Resources' true.
6. Move your file to C2C PrivateMaps.

Hopefully this is clear enough that you won't run into any snags. Happy modding!

Last edited:
Then I have no idea. You'd have to ask the developers why that is.

(Perhaps something was removed, in which case you should use an older version of C2C to clear the map of the offending feature.)

Then I have no idea. You'd have to ask the developers why that is.

(Perhaps something was removed, in which case you should use an older version of C2C to clear the map of the offending feature.)
There are some steps that need to be taken to update a map or scenario to the latest assets but since that's not my dept. I can't recall what those are. I think Toffer would know. I'll let him know to advise here.

Hi,

I was looking for a Europe Map to play C2C on, and this seems to be the latest one.I tested it on the latest SVN version and... it is not working, launching the scenario triggers an error popup (failed to read document).There has been several major changes since 2017 I guess. I took a look at the files and noticed several changes to resource names (for instance "BONUS_SILVER" became "BONUS_SILVER_ORE"), can this be the source of the error ?

Is there any way to update all those names (bonus, features, terrain, units...) without having to check each of them one by one and use a "replace all" function in Notepad ? This is going to take a while...

This scenario is very outdated and you have to manually check them and replace all.

I was looking for a Europe Map to play C2C on
If you are ok with script-generated regions, Smart Map is quite good at that. But there are a few limitations in C2C's case like using "standard" parameter for terrain and/or features if you want full spectrum of those.

Attachments

• C2C_SmartMap_tweaked.rar
    72.7 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom