Huge European map (107x87)

Looks very well, but I think you could have used more plains in southern Europe.

wow I think that s great map but can you show the starting locations in a screen shot?

hellfish said:
wow I think that s great map but can you show the starting locations in a screen shot?

thx :)

It's just a map, not a playable scenario ...

UnCopain, I like your fairly accurate depiction of the Balkans. Would you be interested in creating a map for me of medieval Europe, focusing on Italy and Hungary on the left through the Balkans with Turkey (Ottoman Empire) on the right?

UnCopain could I please use this map for my medieval scenerio? This is by far the best Europe map I've seen.

Thanks,

Kushan

Maps like this could use something like perishable resources, especially oil and coal. Does anybody know how to integrate a deterioration rate to resources?

On a large Europe map it could become interesting to go to war for oil etc.

Oh and i believe there are some mountains between portugal and spain. Which also cause a dryer climat on Spanish territories. I agree with Junuxx that the mediteranean area should be a little bit dryer, thus more planes

Thank you for your compliments :)

Of course, you can use this map to create scenarios or to modify it : it is for that that I made this map :goodjob:

Maps like this could use something like perishable resources, especially oil and coal. Does anybody know how to integrate a deterioration rate to resources?

Don't no sorry ...

I can't download the map, it's an unrecognizable file.

yes, use "wrar350" to open it

Would i be able to add a starting position for a custom civ using the worldbuilder? I'd like to add some more civs

yes you are able to use my map :goodjob:

UnCopain, I like your fairly accurate depiction of the Balkans. Would you be interested in creating a map for me of medieval Europe, focusing on Italy and Hungary on the left through the Balkans with Turkey (Ottoman Empire) on the right?

No, sorry :lol: ;it's a big map for your scenario ?

Oh and i believe there are some mountains between portugal and spain

yes but only in north; and it's hills, no montains; and I cannot put hills everywhere I must make choices ...

I agree with Junuxx that the mediteranean area should be a little bit dryer, thus more planes

I used a map of pluviometry; choices should be made ...

Pluviometry is data on amount of rainfall, is that right? :o

Anyway, I did see there's some plains and deserts, but I was just thinking it was strange that rather poor-soiled regions like the Spanish Sierra Nevada, the French Central Massif and Camargue,%2

This map is hardly a european map. About half of it is missing. Something like 2000 miles north of Oslo is gone.

I LOVE this map, but its not perfect

I'm in an exam period right now but afterwards i think i'll be messing around with the resources on this map, including adding some fish etc. I'll be striving for realism with a bit of balance. I'm not very interested in scenario's (yet).

I know a lot about the regions of england netherlands germany and france. Other parts of Europe, i am not so familiar with. I'd appreciate any help given.
What you can do,
Find some links/sites about abundent resources like gold or silver, cattle etc in your region and show me what is currently lacking on the map on specified regions.

What you SHOULDN'T do
Giving me unfruitfull advice like, "there should be more sheep in england...." show me were!! and please base this on some info I can read for myself.

I should probably be doing this in another thread, but that would feel like stealing a very good map from UnCopain

UnCopain said:
no,no,no ...
not a desert, we are in Spain not in the Sahara :lol:

I think that picture was made up in the mountains. The Sierra Nevada and all of Andalusia are really dry, even if it isn't the Sahara.

But speaking of the Sahara:
"The Sahara is about to leap across the Mediterranean. According to the Spanish government one third of the country is in immediate danger of turning into desert"

According to the UN, 12% of Europe is at risk of turning into desert. Between 30-60% of Spain is at inmediate risk from desertification. (source)
Also check this desertification map

the Ukraine was always called "Europe's granary"

Yes, that's what I was saying. Therefore one would think that on a Civ map, Ukraine's food production would be high. However, you turned it into plains.

Yes UnCopain, I need a fairly large map focusing on italy/hungary to turkey ... there will need to be 5 or 6 important cities in Albania, so that should give you an idea of how large it needs to be...

I've asked a few people, but no one seems to be interested.

Top Bottom