Huge Korean Diplomacy

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Ansar, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Decided to try something new. A huge Diplomacy game, and with who else than everyone's best friend, Korea?

Yeah, thats right. Korea! Lets give a round of applause to Wang Kong of the Koreans! :yeah: *rounds of applause*

Wang Kong: Erm, yes, well thank you. It is an honor to take on such a challenge. Now could you explain what exactly am I to do?

Show Host (Jerry): Sure, why not, Kong (hey, are you related to that big Gorilla? ;)). Basically, all you have to do is win by Diplomacy on a huge map along with 16(?), I think that was the number, or opponent civs. It's as simple as one, two, three, oh snap! :cool:

Wang Kong: Ok, seems like a pretty good explanation (btw, no, I am not related to King Kong, though I could have evolved from him :p ). Now that you have explained to me the rules of what I am supposed to do, could you tell me what difficulty level this will be at, and what my starting position looks like?

Jerry: Of course. Just a random starting position. Seems pretty good, IMO.

Your Starting Position - at approximately 4000 BC.

So we're all good, good? Ok, thats great! Well, gotta go! Good luck, Kong! Tell King Kong I said hi! :D

Wang Kong: Huh, so now I am left by myself to build an empire and make everyone love me? Sounds interesting...hopefully there will be some chicks to err...dominate :)groucho:). Hmm...lets check the list:

The List

Well, there's Cleo, she's not so bad...
    Ugh, there's Catherine. She's practically a man!
    Isabella? Um...sure, why not? She ok, I guess. (Note to self, get more info on Isabella for future reference)

Well, now that things seem to be in order, I guess I better begin. But not today, tomorrow is always the day.

2. Theryman

Theryman King

Hehe. You said Wang. I will be following this, Ansar formerly known as King.

Just don't screw it up!

3. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Ch.1 - A new beginning...

Wang Kong: Ah, a new day, a new way to make the world love me.

Worker: Um, sir? This is only turn one, we haven't even settled.

Wang Kong: Oh, you're right. Quick settle and tell a warrior to begin training because he will be soon sended out into the wilderness to explore and bring back new info for us.

Worker: Aye aye, captain! I mean, sir!

...So it was like that for a couple of turns. The new warrior found territory, found more silks that we could make our people happy with, and unfortunately, no one yet. Could it be that we are alone?

Warrior: My lord Wang Kong, I must confess that even though I have found land, I have yet to find any contacts, and to be honest, chances are diminishing with more areas of land touching the ocean, we may just be on a island by ourselves! :eek:

Wang Kong: This can't be, it would be unthinkable. But if such happens, then we must expand in what land we have and then send out boats to explore the rest of the world. Action must be taken!

Warrior: Just what I was thinking...so, any news on when this knowledge of Pottery will be researched?

Wang Kong: Korean scientists (why do we call them that? Whats a scientist?) determine that it shall be in our possesion by 3000 BC. Also, the first settler will probably come out shortly after that.

Warrior: Ok then, thank you sir. Have a good day! :D

Wang Kong: Aye, thanks warrior dude. Keep the exploring up! Better find some contacts or don't come back home!

...Warrior: Not come home again?! What am I gonna tell my family if I can't find any contacts?...

Years later, Pottery was researched. And right next turn, the first Settler had come out! :)

P'yongyang was founded in 2900 BC!

Wang Kong: All right! This calls for a celebration! Party at my place! ...several hours later... Ok all, have a good night. Btw, someone tell that worker to hurry up, I want a road connecting my new town, and silks (well, it was what some woman said) but why not. [pimp]

Worker: Grr...evil Kong...

So yeah, after a couple more years, the third settler came out and was to settle a town called Wonsan. Wang Kong decided that after that settler, it would be best for Seoul to change to a granary because as he had read in a book somewhere, the granary would help cities which can't get much food because of lack of food resources.

Wang Kong: Yes, a granary I say! :cool:

In 2390 BC, Wonsan was settled!

Wang Kong: Ah, the hilarious-ness-icity of the workers arguments. What a fine show.

Workers: Oh be quiet! You big meany! Forcing us to work...*grumble*

Wang Kong: Whine all about it, at least you're not slaves. :)

Workers: Um...we technically are, but whatever keeps you quiet. :crazyeye:

Writing is still far away, but currently research is underway and hopefully will be acquired before 1000BC. "We could really use it", said Wang Kong.

As for now, a letter arrived to Wang Kong from Jerry:

4. Theryman

Theryman King

Nothing good will come of these game show folk and their fancy flying machines!

*Cough*

Great story so far!

Times 'Wang' said: 18

5. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Ch.2 New Discoveries and a expansion of the Korean Empire.

The Korean Empire resided nicely where it was. With it's nice area, the silk was soon to be connected. The third city, Wonsan, was on it's way to be connected, and best of all, new cities would soon be coming. :D

Meanwhile...the silks were recently connected!

Wang Kong: Oh yeah! Score, we got silks! Now I don't have to pay so much for entertainment since apparently this silk makes the people happy. :dance:

And while he partied in his glory, he was awakened by a worker.

Worker: Sir, we have finished the granary. What do we do next?

Wang Kong: *yawn* What do you want? Oh what? Oh yeah, build a worker and then just pump out settlers.

Worker: Whatever you think is best sir. You heard the man, start training that worker!

...Writing later came in 1550 BC. Wang Kong was very pleased with the fact that he could actually make embassies with other civilizations now...well, if he knew any. :(

The next day, it was like a complete shock to Wang Kong. A letter had arrived from the brave explorer talking about how he had seen signs of a nearby civilization. The explorer said it was probably the Romans because of the specific architecture involved and such.

Roman Spotting - 1525 BC

Wang Kong: Oh yes! Another civilization! But Rome? Why them? They are usually backwards. Hopefully they don't have Writing yet so I can get some deals out of them. :mischief:

A couple years (turns) later, surprising news shook the Korean Capital...

Wang Kong: WHATTTTTTTTT?!!!!! HOW COULD YOU BE TELLING ME THIS?? THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE ROMANS COULD BE ON ANOTHER LANDMASS! AND WE CAN'T EVEN SEE THEIR CAPITAL? GET OUT OF HERE!.........whoa, I gotta calm down. Ok well, so I am on my own island it seems, with the Romans very close. I must send out curraghs to explore the world.

Discovery of Romans - 1425 BC

Incredibly, to Wang Kong's luck, the Dutch finish The Colussus in Amsterdam.

Wang Kong:
    Oh great...just what I needed. Someone finishes a wonder and someone else (Romans) begin the Pyramids. :shake: Hopefully I'll get a SGL and rush The Pyramids in time.

A couple turns later though, things started looking better....

I truly hope that the ship can withstand those sea waves, I hear it's a rough sea, especially since we aren't even seafolk and don't know anything about sailing/navigating on water.

6. rbis4rbb

rbis4rbb Sid

cool story

7. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Thank you.

I try my best. :)

EDIT: Story never finished. My apologies.

8. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Very nice so far, very nice indeed