1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge map with 15+ civs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by oPunchDrunko, Apr 23, 2018.

1. LuckyAC

LuckyAC Immortal

In vanilla or R&F? Because they tech much slower now.

2. Eva-kun

Eva-kun Chieftain

AI+ is the issue why you're not having much issues with science against the other AI. AI doesn't build districts well at all with AI+. Combat wise they're in better shape to a degree, but district wise, they struggle mightily. I'm sure their culture also quite bad, no?

3. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I don't play with any mods, and it's not uncommon for most AIs to never pass 200 science unless they were successful with conquest.

4. alexmattia10

alexmattia10 Chieftain

I feel that on huge map, once that the end is approching, you must have a good naval army (striker, carrier + bombers and destroyer) because you will have to attack your competitor, that most of time will be overseas

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

You don't need to save/reload to win in Civ 6. Not even on deity.

Anybody who makes vaguely sound economic decisions and builds more than a unit or two to defend themselves can win on emperor reliably. This is a winnable start on emperor, and not particularly close:

6. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Welp, gg then.

Although what probably really happens is that I just grab Dance of the Aurora, Magnus chop a bunch of ships to build everything needed in the capital and then hit end turn for like 100 turns and abandon the save out of boredom while there's no real threat of losing but winning would require too many pointless actions.

7. LuckyAC

LuckyAC Immortal

OK, played another game without any mods at all, China, Deity, Standard, Continents. On turn 238, the number 2 civ after me (Sumer) has 48 techs and 265 science/turn, exactly 2 techs more.

Yes, they teched a bit faster (maybe because of no AI+), and built more campuses and wonders, especially at the beginning, but still not very dangerous. Sumer actually rose to around 180 tech by turn 115, but then dropped (not because of me), and didn't reach that level again until turn 200.

8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

The meandering of the AI is quite frustrating. I'm hoping it's fixable.

Combine the AI's inability to pursue it's own victory with it's inability to impact your plans after the Ancient era and you end up with "Sim Civ". I'm hoping the AI's ineffectiveness at war is also fixable, but it would be less of an issue if the AI represented a threat in other ways.

9. MP | Moongazer

MP | Moongazer Chieftain

I played on Huge map with 19 civs as Germany.
    Reached the Modern Era techs in 1300s. The actual age is Renaissance.
    Prince is not that hard I think, but it's fun and hard enough to play a peaceful game.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  10. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Then you have severe comprehension problems.

I have never said that re-rolling or cheating is necessary to beat the game.
    If you want to make a fair assessment of the AIs capability, then don't reroll
    or cheat. Every time you do, that's a win to the AIs. Count those games as well
    as the ones where the AI is completely out-classed by (human) players.

Of course, there are absolutely hopeless starting positions, and it's only
    reasonable to restart those games and not include them in your comparison
    stats. Missing a gov. prom, or taking a GP, or some other silly mistake doesn't
    count as a good reason if you are comparing AI performance to human. They don't
    get to restart in those cases.

tzu likes this.