Huge security bug of Civilization VI

woc

Chieftain
My 12y.o. son wants to play civilization 6. So I installed the game on steam. Bought myself a license as well :)

What I post below is NOT upon installation but each time you launch the program!

It requests you to enter the administrator credentials!

Of course there is no way I'm going to let my kids access our computers with administration rights.

This is a huge security flaw of Firaxis, to demand upon each time you start the game, to enter administrator rights and thus request from parents to hand out and let their kids use administration rights to play a game!

Fix. Required ASAP
When must this fix be applied? Well of course in a proper beta test program this must be covered already months before the release date. It's funny as C++ coder and former modder they didn't let me in on the beta test program. Such huge security bugs are always my first ones to search for.

Instead they went to cheap way and produced a software that's already bugged before you can even start the game.

I haven't had this problem and you cant blame Firaxis for it until you know if it is there problem or yours. But as i said i haven't had this problem. Are you playing in offline mode?

Top Bottom