Huge Tamriel 4x4x4 team map

Medicine_Man_55

Warlord
I've been playing around with a somewhat modified version of the Huge Tamriel map, creating a team map with three teams of four civs each. The original map was devised by -sr (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=310731) and modified for use with FfH2 by Vivictius (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=332663). Credit for the lions share of the work on this map goes to them.

The four teams are as follows:

Basium/Mercurians
Sabathiel/Bannor
Varn Gosam/Malakim
Einion Logos/Elohim

Valledia the Even/Amurites
Tasanuke/Hippus
Kandros Fir/Khazad
Thessa/Ljosalfar

Alexis/Calabim
Sheelba/Clan of Embers
Tebryn Arbandi/Shieam
Hyborem/Infernals

Every team starts with 3-5 cities and all basic terraforming techs + archery. Cities are from 4-8 size, for the most part, and start with basic non-military buildings; with some notable exceptions. Only one wonder is in play; the City of a Thousand Slums is in Bourne the Gleaming. Big H is the only hero in play at game start.

All holy cities are placed:

Bannor -- The Order
Malakim -- Empyrian
Khazad -- Runes of Kilmorph
Ljosalfar -- Fellowship of Leaves
Amurites -- Octopus Overlords
Calabim -- Council of Essus
Shieam -- The Ashen Veil

I don't promise this map is well balanced. In fact, with both the Infernals and the Mercurians in play on turn 1, I can pretty much guarantee that it isn't super well balanced. I mostly whipped this up to mess around with Basium and his angelic host and enjoyed the map enough that I decided to share it. Enjoy.

A few recommendations: If you want to play this map single-player, I highly advise raising the tech paradigm to 400-450%, or more. FfH2 is not designed with large team games in mind and technology research will fly by at lightning speed with teams this large (due to the team research penalty not existing in this mod).

If you don't know already, you can find the gamespeed settings here -- C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Gameinfo -- on a default install. I like to play this map on epic speed with iTrainPercent and iConstructPercent set to 75 and iResearchPercent to 450 but your mileage may vary.

If you contemplate playing this one in an actual MP game, I recommend putting in a few naval transports for Hyborem, Tebryn Arbandi, and Valledia the Even.

Attachments

• The Great War Advanced.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom