Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

After running a quick check I forgot to update the help texts for the following wonders : Carnival, Hollywood, Panama Canal, Pergamon Altar, Three Gorges Dam and Wall Street.

+10% :c5culture:
Local or Nationnal ?

Attachments

• hollywood.jpg
    hollywood.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 153
Thank you for making this mod, so far i'm having fun with it. I'm still currently in the early Industrial Age. As a note, I am playing your Complete Edition with IGE, Perfect World and DLL. No game-breaking bugs have been spotted so far but there are some graphical bugs when arriving in mid-game ( I turned off the GPU Texture Decode as you stated ). Specifically some icons show only "black box" and some random red spots both in-game and in the Civilopedia but you can revert it by right-clicking on the icon ( only for the in-game bug ). Also a suggestion; can you add an "Upgrade All The Same Type of Unit" option in a future release?

Hello Eckirion,

I had a similar bug with the icons, some time ago I resolved it by disabling the leaderheads but I don't remember how I did that.
When I find it again I will give you the info.

Onmy you never had this bug?

Onmy you never had this bug?

No not this bug specifically but with my NZ civ I made I had a bug with the 45 size icons where they would appear blank or black but i thought I'd corrected this by re-allocating NO compression during the re-formatting stage of the said icon which corrects the problem
hence why I was curious as to which civ Eckirion was playing as maybe the icons from my old version got mixed up the the new version

local, it's +10% Culture output in the City.

Actually, I ghessed it. Was just a way to say "Tell it in cyclopedia"
You stated "The modding job is done when all bugs are killed and everything is polished"
IE 20.1 is close of it.
I'll make some other reports about those missing informations from the point of view of a player.
Your Mods will be piece of art then. Natural extensions of Civ5

Hello Asterix :)

Was just a way to say "Tell it in cyclopedia"
I will do it.
I'll make some other reports about those missing informations from the point of view of a player.
Thanks it's welcome. I don't see all missing informations because after so much time working on the mod some things are just obvious for me and sometime (as for most of the World Wonders) they were done by other modders.

I'm updating the mod(s) with your suggestions so I will wait a few days for the next release.

Eckirion
can you add an "Upgrade All The Same Type of Unit" option in a future release?
I don't know, I will see if it's doable and if I can do it.

Onmy your civ is working fine in my mod, I think those graphical glitches are more an hardware problem.
For me they always appear in the mid/late game. If I restart the game it's clean and after a few turns they appear again.

Eckirion for your graphical bug try this :

in C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
open config.ini

find the line :
; Set to 1 to disable LeaderHead system

change LeaderHead = 0 to LeaderHead = 1

save and restart the game.

@onmy6: I used Germany which, so far, is the only Civ I've been playing so far on Civilization V.

@Hulfgar: Will try doing that.

NOTE: Sorry for the late reply since I had to take my daily nap and play Company of Heroes for awhile.

They look to be Ancient Artifacts But they are from stone age actually.
When swapped, the real area is applied.

The only question is why "ancien" area is now named "stone age" area?
Actually the techs of the first area looks standard "ancien" area to me.

Because I don't like the term "Ancient Era". Historically speaking "Ancient" means nothing, while Stone Age is usually bound to the prehistory.

Because I don't like the term "Ancient Era". Historically speaking "Ancient" means nothing, while Stone Age is usually bound to the prehistory.

OK then. You probably right since prehistory end when writing start.
If I'd like to argue with you (But i won't) I should remind you that minning in from iron age, thousands years later than stone age, and bronze working is from bronze age which occurs before iron age :lol:

Now everybody knows Civilization gameplay is evrything but civilisation history :scan:

Castle

The one built at the medieval area become a new form of castle, great to generate culture and gold at the industrial area with rifling.
- At this time, none of them can't be built anymore (We should be warning about that)
- Does the defensive bonus remain with the seconde one? (Second castle civilopedia don't give us any clue)
- Any possibility to name the seconde one differently? like medieval museum, Castle museum, Ancien caste...

-----

Academies

Three types are available : Military, Air and Naval
First I planed to build the three academies in the same city to get a super military city machine
No way! They must be built in separate cities only (Must be said)

-----

Palisade / Motte-and-bailey castle

Syntax error
... It will be scrapped onDe you have discovered ...

-----

Sheep farm

Mentioned in civilipedia as a building available at stone age area
It doesn't appear in the tech tree neither in the city building list

Same for the Dairy Farm Co-Op at Indus area

-----

Loadind on Cruiser

I didn't find a way to load Marine or Marine Infantry on Light Cruisers and Cruisers as it's said in civilopedia
I can Load easily any units on Submarine instead :lol:

-----

Other reports later...

hello Asterix,

- Does the defensive bonus remain with the seconde one?
no, the new castle as no defensiv bonus, that's the point of replacing it with a castle that provides culture and tourism.

- Any possibility to name the seconde one differently? like medieval museum, Castle museum, Ancien caste...
yes I can name it whatever we/you like :)

I didn't find a way to load Marine or Marine Infantry on Light Cruisers and Cruisers as it's said in civilopedia
As it seems I forgot to update the pedia. This ability has been removed because it was the trigger for the savegame bug.

I can Load easily any units on Submarine instead
This one is a bug, it should be onlu navy fighters/bombers

Again thanks for all those reports. It's a great help :thumbsup:

If I'd like to argue with you (But i won't) I should remind you that minning in from iron age, thousands years later than stone age, and bronze working is from bronze age which occurs before iron age
well Bronze age and Iron age are part of the Classical Era. At some time I though to replace the Classical Era with those 2 separate Ages. But it would require too much work on the tech tree, more techs to fill the eras and this would mean longer loading times :(

Now everybody knows Civilization gameplay is everything but civilisation history
yes that's the problem. Alone the fact that units can't have more than 1 tech prereq (like in Civ4) is a pain!

yes I can name it whatever we/you like :)

Whatever will be fine. It's just to make a clear distinction
Let's say "Castle Museum" ? :king:

By the way there is an other issue about this "Castle Museum"
The pic below says all

I believe the situation is in the file at post #2339

Attachments

• GreatWorksSlots.jpg
    GreatWorksSlots.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 143
The screenshots below show many units with double entries in civilopedia
Most of them are contradictory

Attachments