Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hi all,

if somebody wish to test it here is the beta of the new mod : Hulfgars Modpack for GK ver1.

What's new in this mod :
Industrial Warfare and Postmodern Expansion are merged.
To disable the post atomic techs and units you need to rename the folder "Postmodern Expansion" found in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack for GK (v 1) in anything else.

Attrition : Units ending their turn on ice or fallout will suffer damage

Apache 64 and Mi8 skins from Snafusmith
New unit Helicopter (Mi8 skin) available with Mobil Tactics, upgrade to Helicopter Gunship, available with Lasers.
The Helicopter has no bonus vs tanks and is weaker than the Gunship.

The mod should work fine, I have tested all unit skins but I still see it as a beta.

In the test I ran (using IGE) I had the option to puppet or annex conquered cities every time.
As alaways feedback is highly welcome.

Hello Oscarpalaciosru, thanks for this report, I will correct it for the next update (should be ready for the end of next week).

Coming :

new unit : Motorized Infantry with Panzergrenadier as UU for Germany, Austria and Sweden.
The Motorized Infantry will have the same strengh as regular infantry but more moves, the panzergrenadier will have a strengh between regular infantry and mechanized infantry.
Skins:
Motorized Infantry = Snafusmith halftrack M3 + WW2 infantry from Danrell + Snafusmith's GMC truck.
Panzergrenadier = Wolfdog's SDKFZ 251 + WW2 infantry from Danrell + PzkW IV from Danrell

Tu-95 Bear skin from Wolfdog as heavy jet bomber for "eastern" civs.

Marder skin from Wolfdog for German IFV.

Alpin troops = able to cross ice and mountains, this part will require Whoward's DLL mod comp to be active.

Building requirements removed (except for some specific troops : SpecForces and Alpin), buildings will now give a boost in unit production.
This is a test to see if the AI is boing better this way than with the building requirement.
I have a strong feeling that the AI does not come well with the need to have a building to produce a unit and sticks to units whithout requirements.

Lumbermill output is now 2 timber instead of 1 (mostly because all wooden ships and siege weapons will require timber instead of the carpenter's workshop).

I still have to update the pedia entries due to this changes and to test the mod before releasing it :)

There's also a minor bug. When I load a game in which I have many City State allies, I get a bunch of Lumber notifications. I thought the Dive Bomber upgrade to Strike Fighter is great. And something else: I built a Carrier and built three navy fighters. I eventually lost one of them. But I lost it after I had discovered Jet Fighters, and when I upgraded one of my remaining navy fighters to early jet fighter, I wasn't able to load it to the carrier. When I lost my last navy fighter I had to get rid of the carrier as it was now only able to carry dive bombers, but no fighters whatsoever. That was odd.

And something else: I built a Carrier and built three navy fighters. I eventually lost one of them. But I lost it after I had discovered Jet Fighters, and when I upgraded one of my remaining navy fighters to early jet fighter, I wasn't able to load it to the carrier. When I lost my last navy fighter I had to get rid of the carrier as it was now only able to carry dive bombers, but no fighters whatsoever. That was odd.

I will look into it tonight but I think that I have an idea of the problem :

In the Industrial Mod early jet fighters were not designed to load on carriers, this was not a problem because navy fighters would not become obsolete.

In the postmodern expansion all jet fighters are supposed to be loaded on nuclear carriers, this was to avoid jet planes being loaded on the french and japanese submarine carriers.

I see only 2 solutions :
1- drop the submarine carriers
or 2- create a 2nd generation fuel powered carrier available with the jet propulsion to load the jet planes.

I think that I willtake the 2nd solution, even if we lack some skins for it.

My resources are all screwed up Beer timber ect. not popping up when i learn them, have you already made a fix for 1.0.2.44 or is it something I'm doing wrong or what?

Hello Gman007,

this sounds like a mod conflict. do you have other mods enabled or are trying to play with an Earth map?

no other mods was on continents and had it on abundant resources. I'll try again and see what happens.

Gman007 : can you send me the log files and a save game.

to enable logging :
Spoiler :
go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1
- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1
- Save the file and close it.

The Database.log file used for debugging is in :
...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

Oscarpalaciosru : thanks. Will be corrected in the next version.

All late tech (pos modern) are allowed to research since first turn! Turn 0 i can research laser (4500 turns :lol:)

Here mod is unstable, having a lot of random crashes.

Hello Canabrava :)

as always no other mod enabled ?

can you send me your log files and a saved game please?

hello Canabrava,

All 3 mods enabled.

Which mods ?
If you are playing the new version (Hulfgar's Modpack for GK version 1) don't enable Industrial Warfare and the Postmodern expansion.

To find your log files :

go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1
- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1
- Save the file and close it.

The Database.log file used for debugging is in :
...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

When i installed merged mod (all techs) 3 mods are showed:

- Civ V Unficial mod
- G&K enhanced
- Hulfgars Mod

I thought i should use all, i'm wrong? If you donwload file give this 3 mods i think need use all.

I will try just Hulfgar and see if works fine.

Hello Canabrava,

there is only 1 file in my download (Hulfgars Modpack), I don't even have Civ V Unoficial Mod and G&K enhanced installed on my computer!
Best guess is that you installed those mods some time ago.

Civ V Unoficial Mod and G&K enhanced are most probably not compatible with my mod, this would be your problem.

If you wish to enhance the mod Whoward's DLL - Various Mod Components and his Pick'N'Mix mods are compatible (perhaps not all Pick'N'Mix mods, I will post a list of those that I use).
Same is true for Hex Conquer and Release, Reforestation and Global Warming.

it may be true with Putmalk's Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod but I have not tried it yet (warning : this one will not be compatible with Whoward's Mods because both are DLL mods).

I am currently testing ver 2 of the merged version of my mod and I am in the industrial era whithout problems so far.

I still need to run some tests but I think that I will release it today.

It's impossible because is a new notebook and i just installed Civ 5 one week ago. There are just two ways: This mods came with original game or with your mod. Is so strange!

Edit: Maybe it's a automatic download from steam, i think.

Playing only your mod games is fine, no crashes and no bug!!!

Edit: Maybe it's a automatic download from steam, i think.

if you subscribed to the other mods then yes they installed themself automatically on the new computer when you launched Civ5. This is the only explanation that makes sense :)

Playing only your mod games is fine, no crashes and no bug!!!

good news :)

Citadel doesn't link strategic resourses! I build on coal and still no coal to me.
I had this whithout obvious reason once. I will look into it.

New version : Hulfgar's Modpack for GK version 2 (Beta)
Version 2 :

Bug correction (upgrade path for industrial units)

Now includes "Improvement Farm Replacement" from Whoward69 : this will make the mod compatible with mods changing landmarks (such as Improvement - Airbases from Whoward).

Buildings and Improvements :

New Building : Synthetic Petrol Plant, requires 6 Coal, will give 3 Diesel and 3 Kerosene.
Lumbermill will provide 2 Timber (was 1).
Charcoal Burner'Hut will require 4 Timber (was 2) and provide 3 Coal (was 1).
Scrap Merchant provides 3 Iron (was 2).
Fuel requirements : 1 or 2 Timber required for all wooden ships.

New Features :
Attrition : Units ending their turn on ice or fallout will suffer damage

New Units :
Alpine Hunters Battalion. Infantry Battalion capable to cross ice and mountains : this part requires Whoward's DLL-Various Mod Components (GK).
Motorized Infantry Regiment. Faster than the regular infantry, requires 1 diesel.
Panzer Grenadier Regiment. Replaces the Motorized Infantry Regiment (M.I.R.) for Germany, Austria and Sweden. Stronger than the M.I.R.
Helicopter (Mi8 skin). Available with Mobil Tactics, no bonus vs tanks and is weaker than the Gunship. Upgrade to Helicopter Gunship with Lasers.
Helicopter can be loaded on the Amphibious Assault Ship.

ICBM (Nuclear Missile) range up to 100 tiles

New skins :
Apache 64 and Mi8 skins from Snafusmith
Halftrack M3 from Snafusmith
SDKFZ 251 from Snafusmith, conversion by Wolfdog
TU-95 BEAR from ArdRaeiss, conversion by Wolfdog
F4D Phantom II skins from Snafusmith.
AMX56 Leclerc from Snafusmith, conversion by Wolfdog
Dassault Rafale conversion by Wolfdog
V-1 Flying Bomb conversion by Wolfdog

Some comments :

The buildings requirements for almost all units has been removed.
The AI is building a lot more units now and doing much better so I will probably keep it like that.
Not sure what I will do with the old buildings, for now they give a boost in unit production.
There is a lot of spare Timber now that the Lumbermill provide 2 units, I will probably have to adjust it's use.

This is probably the last version before "Brave New World", aside from bug correction and new unit skins when they become available.

I hope you enjoy it, I am currently playing it with following mods enabled and it's running fine for now :

Ingame Editor (v 36)

DLL - Various Mod Components (GK) (v 18)
Global - City State Airbases (v 2)
Global - Passable Forts (v 1)
Improvement - Airbases (v 2)
Promotions - Subs Silent Running (v 1)
Units - Paratroop Enhancements (v 2)
Units - Subs Immune Under Ice (v 1)

Global Warming (v 5)
Hex Conquer and Release (v 3)
Reforestation (v 6)

Top Bottom