Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hello Ekmek,

I'm using the Steampunk Airship as an ersatz to the Zeppelin.
It would be great to have a real Airship unit. I've send the Civ IV Zeppelin unit to Wolfdog some time ago but I've send him lot of other units to convert as well so I'm sure he would be glad to have some help :)

Hello Ekmek,

I'm using the Steampunk Airship as an ersatz to the Zeppelin.
It would be great to have a real Airship unit. I've send the Civ IV Zeppelin unit to Wolfdog some time ago but I've send him lot of other units to convert as well so I'm sure he would be glad to have some help :)

Can you test this out? It uses the steam_airship.fxsxml (or it should since i used that as the template).

I don't have time to make a quick mod to test it. maybe if you just place the dds files in yours and add the gr2 you can see if it works for you? If so please post a screenshot too.

EDIT: Ok I made it use my B52 mod as a template. the graphics work! BUT... I see the smokestack effects are still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Attachments

• Airship.rar
    61.1 KB · Views: 52
Can you test this out? It uses the steam_airship.fxsxml (or it should since i used that as the template).

I don't have time to make a quick mod to test it. maybe if you just place the dds files in yours and add the gr2 you can see if it works for you? If so please post a screenshot too.

EDIT: Ok I made it use my B52 mod as a template. the graphics work! BUT... I see the smokestack effects are still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

If you delete
Code:
<Bone name="Smokestack01"/>
<Bone name="Smokestack02"/>
from the steam_airship.fxsxml under BoneUsage that will probably do it.

Hi Hulfgar,

I want to share some idea's, if its possible to make for you. There is SAM Mobile in Civ5 as defend of air attacks, but here in the netherlands, we have "Patriots" and it should be nice if you can add that. It looks like this:

And it can be nice also to add this one of Isreal Defend System (Iron Dome):

America is making new Stealth Warship with rockets, also nice to add this maybe:

*I'm dying for a new version of the mod that can be set to industrial only*
My old version has a bug that is crashing my games when Mobile infantry go into combat

*I'm dying for a new version of the mod that can be set to industrial only*

it will come, I hope for the end of the next week.

Right now I'm testing version 6 (the complete edition) with a game started 5 days ago.
I made multiple saves, I am now in the Renaissance Era and so far it's all going well.

I am taking the time to play this version to the end because I can better see the small bugs (bad upgrade paths, wrong obsoletes tech) while playing and I want to deliver a version as clean as possible.

When the complete edition is validated I will make an industrial version of it to have the same tech tree and units for both versions (aside from the late Eras of course).

if somebody has more time than me to play a test version I can give him a link to ver 6; but I don't want to waste your time.

My old version has a bug that is crashing my games when Mobile infantry go into combat

I ran some quick test on this using IGE to spawn mobile infantry and launch it into combat but I could not reproduce the bug. Could you send me a save game perhaps?

Thanks for your patience.

MaleXachi, your wishes are noted, even if I find the stealth warships especially ugly :)

If it will help I will test version 6 in its entirety I have a few days off work. I could use a civ game in Marathon mode

Hello Vyvianarygos,

I'm finishing an industrial version on the basis of ver 6 that you can test. I will send you the link as soon as it's ready.

You don't have to I would be glad to help test the entire thing if it helps you out

I've send you the link for the industrial version. If you can validate it it will be a great help and save me 1 round of testing. And it's to 90% the same as the complete mod so any bug you could find in it will be found in the complete mod as well.

Thanks Vyvianarygos.

Got the First bug.
Can't select a new building project for a city once it is founded. Saved game and log files on the way.

This is not a bug :)

Sorry I should have warned you, here are the changes in ver 6 :

Requires Civ 5 ver 1 03.142

New Tech tree : you start with Fire and need to research Tribal Leadership to get access to the first buildings.

New Unit : Volley Gun : Original Civ 4 unit by Rabbit, White, conversion by Wolfdog.
New Unit : Culverin : Original Civ4 unit by The_Coyote, conversion by Wolfdog.
City Defense Unit line is now :
Archer --> Composite Bowman --> Longbowman/Crossbowman --> Culverin --> Volley Gun --> Gatling Gun --> Machine Gun --> National Guard --> Mechanized Infantry
Super Heavy Tanks now require the Project "Mammoth Tank" to be completed.
ANZAC Desert soldiers from Wolfdog as Infantry for Polynesia
ANZAC Jungle soldiers from Wolfdog as Infantry for Indonesia
Zero requires Kerosene
Pikeman (and Landsknecht) : upgrade path back to vanilla = the Pikeman upgrades as a Lancer.
Heavy Tank : upgrade to Modern Armor instead of Super Heavy Tank (because those are limited to 3 per Civ).

Iron : revealed with mining
Watermill : maintenace cost reduced to 1
Stable : help text updated : the Stable provides 3 additional Horses.
Holy War : must be build in the Capital which must be a Holy City.

how do we end turn if we can't select a building project?

I would suggest giving every one Fire as a starting tech so that way we can build a fire place right off the bat. I will use the IGE to give my self a building to work on so I can continue the rest of the game.

Alright well I don't know if it is just me but I cannot end my first turn because I cannot tell my first city to work on a project no matter what I do. I sent you my lua and data base as well as a save game.

Sorry Vyvian I misunderstood you, I though you were just missing some buildings to build. But if it's the ornage button to open the build selection then yes it's a bug.

thanks for the log files.

yes I cannot go into the build menu to build anything at all and then by defualt can't end my first turn and play the rest of the mod.

hulfgar - do you have a list of unit graphics that you need? maybe have it in the opening post?

I'll have some time in the next two weeks to do modding. I'll be working leaders but may be able to do a few units too.

I also have an interest in doing an 1862 scenario like the one for civ4 but I want to have unique leader graphics as well as use your mod as a base.

Hello Ekmek,

yes I could use some modern units (mech infantry and modern armors), I will make you a list when I'm back home this evening.

You can use any part of my mod as you want, I will zip you the last modbuddy projects if it can help you.

Thanks for the proposition.

Top Bottom