Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hello, pal. This MOD causes crashes in my game while loading after pushing the start button...

It's a pity since I really love the concepts in the MOD and the units.

Could you please be so kind to guide me on how can I fix it?

One more thing: Have you tested if it is compatible with the custom civs from JFD's Civilisations??

I wanna know just to check if the crashes are no caused by my own computer.

THanks a lot.

:yeah: EDIT : I tested your MOD in another computer, and after waiting A LOT :lol: the game finally loaded AND using one of the custom civs of JFD's Civilisations... SO, it seems that my old, dear computer sucks so much and is the one with the problem.

I'm so excited now...

Thanks a lot for your time and work... I really love what you did to my game... You just improved it.

:clap::yup::clap:

Hi all,

Oscar another log woiuld be helpul.
Nickel thx for keepimg me informed. Should you have any problem come back here :)

I'm off for the WE, going to the tank museum from Saumur to see the last working Tiger II :)

Hi all,

Oscar another log woiuld be helpul.
Nickel thx for keepimg me informed. Should you have any problem come back here :)

I'm off for the WE, going to the tank museum from Saumur to see the last working Tiger II :)

I had my old computer's graphics card checked. It indeed had a problem. It seems to be your MOD consumes a lot of resources. It can be understood since there's a lot of new units, buildings and techs.

makes you understand why the guys from Firaxis do not add too many things... The game load time would take forever.

Still, this MOD features are a bliss and 100% enjoyable...

Thanks again.

Still, this MOD features are a bliss and 100% enjoyable...

Yeah, this is the finest mod out there.

Here's my files. It would be very nice if you fixed the issue, I was having a blast with that game. I know a little Javascript, maybe I could help, although I don't write Python :p I can read xml and such, although I have never actually looked much into the files.

When I go to next turn it crashes.

Attachments

• crashedv6.3game.zip
    981.4 KB · Views: 32
I began a new game. Got some errors on the Lua.log:

[3171.703] TechTree: popupInfo.Data1: 0
[3171.703] TechTree: popupInfo.Data2: -1
[3171.703] TechTree: popupInfo.Data3: 0
[3172.498] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree\TechButtonInclude.lua:198: attempt to index local 'improvement' (a nil value)
[3174.542] TechTree: stealingTechTargetPlayerID: -1
[3174.542] TechTree: player:GetNumFreeTechs(): 0
[3175.415] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree\TechButtonInclude.lua:198: attempt to index local 'improvement' (a nil value)
[3180.423] TechTree: stealingTechTargetPlayerID: -1
[3180.423] TechTree: player:GetNumFreeTechs(): 0
[3181.390] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree\TechButtonInclude.lua:198: attempt to index local 'improvement' (a nil value)
[3182.014] TechTree: stealingTechTargetPlayerID: -1
[3182.014] TechTree: player:GetNumFreeTechs(): 0
[3183.075] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree\TechButtonInclude.lua:198: attempt to index local 'improvement' (a nil value)

I also found these:

[2528.308] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\TechTree\TechButtonInclude.lua:198: attempt to index local 'improvement' (a nil value)
[2528.308] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\TechTree\TechTree.lua.

I got 3.3 to run but when it started it looked like it was in some form of edit mode. 6.3 is working find now, I am guessing it was steam.
Gallus

Edit: When voting for leaders/host is there a way to prevent CIVs from voting for themselves? Maybe something like no more than 1/2 your votes can be for your CIV.

Other Civilizations DO VOTE for you, but the only instance I've seen this is when you liberate them after being totally destroyed (all their cities captured) by another civ.

They then become a sort of unconditional voter (for you) in the World Congress (Unless you denounce them or declare war to them)...

Hulfgar,

I would like to report a problem with your Complete Edition for BNW v6.3. (I was not using any other mods)

My saved game for turn 113 is 851 KB in size, and works perfectly.

However, my saved game for turn 261 is only 11 KB in size, as are all of my autosave games. Unfortunately, that means none of them will load, so I've just lost about 5 hours of game-play time.

Attached are my log files and turn 261 savegame file.

Attachments

• Database.7z
    599 bytes · Views: 53
  • Lua.7z
    1.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Oda Nobunaga_0261 AD-1755.7z
    2 KB · Views: 31
I have some thoughts suggestions:
1. Late game techs I think need a cost boost, they tend to take 3-4 turns each which I think is too fast.
2. Policies are acquired too slowly, I think we need more culture.
3. Gold is a big issue early on and if you fail to build certain wonders you never get ahead.
4. May not be possible but there must be some way to split votes for leader and limit number for one's self.
5. Is there a better model for nuclear carrier? Also add Naval Strike Fighter F-18 Hornet as only aircraft to be carried on carriers
6. Add National Zoo if Zoo built in all cities. Adds culture and happiness bonus
7. If mod is stopping before future, remove XCOM and Killer Death Robot thing.
8. AI tend to spam National Guard and AA Guns
9. Upgrade Destroyers to Aegis Destroyer or Modern Frigate
10. Thought of Modern Infantry Squad: 3 Infantry, 1 Machine Gunner, 1 anti-tank (If model exists)
11. Anti-Submarine Helicopter as thought to combat subs, with flight it would be anti-sub aircraft of some sort. (restricted to being built in coastal cities and can be stationed on carrier).
12. extending research costs though the later stages would make the WWI and WWII weapons more useful by them being around more turns. Maybe by adding techs for example:
Flight (WWI), Fixed Wing Flight (WWII) and Naval Air Power (Naval Fighter and Carrier), Jet Engine (Early Jets) and Vertical Flight (Huey Gunship, upgrade to Apache), Supersonic Flight (Modern Jets F-15/F-16/F-18 carrier based), Air Superiority (F-22), Stealth (Stealth Bomber)

Also be cool if WWII Marine upgraded to Modern Marine Amphibious Assault Vehicle.

When Future Tech is reached allow a % of Science to be converted to culture and happiness.

Great mod and thank you for all you work.
Gallus

Hi all,

first I apologize for being so long off, I was quite busy at work after the holidays and did get enough time to mod properly.

DJGspinNhitz :

a lot of nice suggestions in your post.
I will see how to implement most of them in the next big version of the mods (it will be ver. 7 because those changes will probably affect save games).

5. Is there a better model for nuclear carrier?
Not at this time :(

Also add Naval Strike Fighter F-18 Hornet as only aircraft to be carried on carriers
An upgrade for the Navy Fighters? I will see which skins I can find to give to Wolfdog to convert :)

Torvald : what you describe is this hated savegame bug. The 11kb file is corrupt and unusable. You need to restart the computer to get a chance to load and generate valid save games again.

I'm still searching for what makes this bug.

Oscarpalaciosru : I still don't understand what is corrupting your tech tree and generates this errors in the logs. Apparently this bug is saved with the game because I get the error with your savegame but not with a new game (using the same Civ).
The last time I saw this bug it was with units not disabled while their tech was disabled. It's not the case this time, so i'm still looking for the flaw.

As new year gift here is the last patch for ver 6 : Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition for BNW 6.4 (v 6).
It should be compatible with previous savegames from ver 6.

Version 6.4 notes :

Skins :
Avro Arrow (civ 4 unit by GeneralMatt) and F5 (civ 4 unit by Snafusmith) fighters. Conversions from Wolfdog
Kirov battlecruiser (civ 4 unit by vingrjoe) Conversions from Wolfdog.

Reworked : Naval Penalty (Units with this promotion get an extra 50% penalty vs armored ships (Dreadnought, Light Cruiser, Cruiser and Battleships) )
Reworked : City Siege (Units with this promotion get 80% penalty vs Heavy Tanks, Super Heavy Tanks, Modern Armor and Giant Death Robots and get a 80% bonus vs all mounted and infantry troops)
Removed : the Indirect Fire Promotion for the Field Artillery.

Reworked : the compatibility for Putmalk's CivIV Diplo mod, to use both mods :
1- Delete the file TopPanel.lua in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW (v 6)\Merged Mods\AttilaResourcesTooltip
2- Rename PutmalkTopPanel.lua in TopPanel.lua
3- Rename TopPanel.lua in Putmalk's mod's folder in TopPanel.back to deactivate it.

I've not used "Putmalk's CivIV Diplo mod" lately so if you encounter problems using it with my mod don't hesitate to report it to me and I will look what I can do on my side.

Before you use ver 6.4 please :
delete any previous versions.
clear the cache (delete the file Civ5DebugDatabase).

An update for the industrial mod will come in the next days, after this I will work on version 7, which may take some time.

Played 6.4 through to Future no crashes but a few issues:
1. Freebooter: the model is incorrect (it is a bunch of soldiers walking on water)
2. I could build Nuclear Carrier before researching Naval Aviation
3. National Guard seem over-powered for the era they are in
4. Tech Tree does not scroll so you can not see techs beyond first handful
5. AI is really spamming National Guard and AA Guns, Austria had so many they were being stored outside her territory.
6. No Image for Internet
7. Cure for Cancer is under Boron Carbide Armour (not getting this)
8. Unit upgrade cost are all over the place in later units, some are as little as 5 and high as 300+
9. Land Artillery had little effect on naval units, not sure if this is meant to be like that or not
Some Suggestions:
1. Can Great Admiral be made to do something besides heal naval units? Upgrade X units for free maybe?
2. Medical Lab in all cities=CDC National Wonder
3. Heavy Siege Artillery upgrade to Scud Missile Launcher not sure what to do for U.S. and allies
4. Broadcast Tower in all cities= PBS (U.S.) BBC (All of Europe) National Wonders (sure there are other big one for other countries)
5. Museum in all cities: Smithsonian Institute (Sure there are other great museums to use too)
* Not sure but I think the AA gun was available prior to flight and it should open with flight (no planes no AA gun, same with anti-tank but I think that one was okay)

Hello DJGspinNhitz,

Could you provide me a save game and the database + lua.log files? this is for the bug with the tech tree and freebooter.

I've noted all the other notes (as I did with your previous post) to include the major changes in the upcoming ver 7.

thanks for this report, it will be most useful, again a lot of great ideas in it!

I forgot some comments :) :

7. Cure for Cancer is under Boron Carbide Armour (not getting this)
definitely a bug : it's coded to be available with TECH GENETIC ENGINEERING. Your log files could help here, something seems to mess up with your tech tree or database.

9. Land Artillery had little effect on naval units, not sure if this is meant to be like that or not
Land Artillery has a penalty vs all naval units and a big penalty vs armored naval units. To defend vs ships the best tools are planes and ships.

Where do I find these files and I will provide them since I am still playing the game.

I found the save game file but it will not upload because site says it exceeds limit of 2.0MB and file is 2.13MB

Please direct me to the other and I will send it. Is there an option for uploading the saved game file that is over the site's size limit?

Hello DJGspinNhitz,

for the log files :

go in : Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and open config.ini

- Inside this file,
- at the start of the file enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1
- search for "LoggingEnabled = 0" and set that to 1
- Save the file and close it.

This will enable logging.

The Database.log and lua.log files used for debugging are in :
...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

Savegames are in : ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

You can store heavy files on Mediafire and put the donwload link here.

I like the idea of the Nation Guard, but is there a way i can remove that unit from my game? or dumb it down a little bit to make it weaker? It's really cheap to make a decimates a lot of other units since it is AA, AT, and Anti personnel. I enjoy playing the industrial version of the mod very much and would like to know if there is a way to remove the Nation Guard and Mechanized infantry?

Top Bottom