Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Version 6 is ready for download.
Among various corrections in the tech tree the new version includes the Partisans units and some balance changes.
All details are in the first post.

I will have less time in next 2-3 weeks (I am moving) but I will keep me informed and try to update if there is some bugs left.

have fun all :)

update : I have removed version 6 because of a bug with the timber font icon.

An updated version will be available soon.

That on my mac the crashing has stopped when using this mod as of version 5. I have not been able to test version 6 yet. Thanks for the good work!!!

Hey Hulfgar - Great mod! I love the changes you made and sofar im happy with all of them ( about halfway through my first game). I did find some 'bugs' (not sure, could be intentional) but i forgot most of them cause i lost the paper i wrote em down on ;/). Im playing with Version 5 atm.

One of the things i remember though - Ale, as a resource, is not shown anywhere? That intentional? I think overall theres a bit to much happiness in the game - playing on King and im not having any trouble at all. Its definitelz easier to stay happy than in vanilla. Perhaps thats intended?

Even though only halfway into my game, i looked ahead on the techtree and noticed no helicopters ? Bit disappointed. First helicopters were introduced during/just after WW2 which fits into your timeframe considering the other units u introduced - why not add it?

On your 'recon' upgrade path, the paratrooper is classed as a gunpowder unit, and not recon - shouldnt it also be a recon unit to proper upgrade path & promotions inline?

ALso along with the 'to much happiness', it kinda feels like theres to much production atm - Still gotta play that out a little more though, but it seems like theres to much production boosting buildings, especially with the extra lumbermills and charcoal huts (which oddly have no maintenance cost )

hmm thats all i remember for now :) .... Favorite gamemode atm - keep up the good work :D

A new version 6 is available here.

I have temporary removed the custom font icons for the new resources until I find what is bugged here.

Hello Mattpilot,

Ale should appear in the resource bar at the top of the window.
It's used only by the pub.
I think overall theres a bit to much happiness in the game - playing on King and im not having any trouble at all. Its definitelz easier to stay happy than in vanilla. Perhaps thats intended?
I will have a look into it, it may be unbalanced now.
Same for the production boost. I will probably lower the bonuses or switch them to bonus for unit production.

On your 'recon' upgrade path, the paratrooper is classed as a gunpowder unit, and not recon - shouldnt it also be a recon unit to proper upgrade path & promotions inline?
Thanks this one is a left over corrected now :)

Even though only halfway into my game, i looked ahead on the techtree and noticed no helicopters ? Bit disappointed. First helicopters were introduced during/just after WW2 which fits into your timeframe considering the other units u introduced - why not add it?

You're right with this. I focused too much on modern helicopters.
I should put them back with less power vs tanks. The only thing that's bothering me is that the only available skin is the Mi from Civ5. Something less modern would be nice.

Thanks for this useful feedback :)

Hey Hulfgar,

V.6 is bugged.
-Select civ screen has no scroll so only shows the first 5 or so civs. I just go to 'advanced screen' to select civ.
-Game never loads beyond civ intro screen when the game starts and the dialogue gets cut off. No CTD, but the screen just stays the same.

I'm confused as to why the forum won't let me upload the log as a notepad file so you've got it in adobe. Is it even the correct log file for you?

Edit: reboot has resolved the issue with the game not moving beyond the civ into screen. Select civ screen issue still persists.
-Agree with Tekinette on unit size, (though I know others prefer the other models).

Attachments

• Database.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 279
Getting back into civ V, loving the mod ! Just wish the infantry was a bit bigger in order to appreciate all those new skins and models...

Hello Bslade,

are you sure you are running Gods and Kings?

it's the right log file and it has some strange message the PROMOTION_WITHDRAW_BEFORE_MELEE not existing should not be there for example, same for example.

Try to let Steam check your files perhaps ?

I am off until Monday but I will look into this when I'm back.

And I agree, the infantry could be bigger. i will adjust it.

have a nice WE

Hello Bslade,

are you sure you are running Gods and Kings?

I got the same problem, can only select top 5 civ's

edit: did get ctd on loading screen that Bslade not did get

I did verify files on civ in steam and I 1 file was wrong but that did not help at all to fix it.

Hulfgar, I see you are being pounded with queries so I'll keep mine brief. (I think I have version 5).

With the Cathedral purchased with faith I get 2 free Knight Templars (I understand 1 in the newer version). Is it possible to limit that to a time period? Just as background I am building tanks and when my newer cities get a cathedral I get some knights which, in effect, I just delete. Perhaps only have the bonus in the early periods? (if possible).

NM.

Cheers

Hulfgar,
-Yes, running G&K.
-Not sure what to say about message in the log file. I've attached a new log for a most recent crash (maybe 40 turns into the game) and looks identical to the previous log? Would it be a good habit to delete the log folder before new games?
-I did check the steam file integrity and just got the usual, "1 file failed to validate". No other file issues.
-Really like the direction you have been going with this mod!

Attachments

• fsdfd.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 333
Hello Apache and Bslade,

ok, the good news is : I could get the crash and the bug at the selection screen.

The bas news is that the crash doesn't happen every time the xml log file gives nothing as indication.

I suppose this has to do with something specific to a civ. The only thing I changed in this fields between 5 and 6 was to remove the UU Ship of Line for England to merged it in one unit common to all.

I will look this way first.

Now there is something weird in the log files :
this
Invalid Reference on Unit_FreePromotions.PromotionType -
"PROMOTION_WITHDRAW_BEFORE_MELEE" does not exist in UnitPromotions
The PROMOTION_WITHDRAW_BEFORE_MELEE is a standard G&K promotion for Destroyer and Caravel. What's strange is : I don't find this promotion in CIV5UnitPromotions.xml or in UnitPromotions_Expansion.xml.
From this point your error message is normal, but I don't have it on my own logs.
I will let steam check my files and see if I have a failed validation as well.

Really like the direction you have been going with this mod!

Thanks Bslade :)

Hello Cicerosaurus,

I didn't though about this !
It may be hard to avoid getting those knights outside the medieval era (with xml I don't see how to do it since the Cathedral gift goes over the obsolete tag of the knight.
I may have to make the cathedral obsolete (which would historically make sense) and perhaps replace it with another building such as a Basilica.

Please Hulfgar repair all bugs and make final version of your super mod.I wish you luck:):):)

Great work Hulfgar, but after all i will waiting for final version.Now you understand why this mod dont work on me - becouse it have too many bugs:( So it only need to be fixed:)

What other bugs do you have pawel0482 ? Can you make me a fresh summary and I will look into it.

To all : I am moving and it seems complicated for the french telecoms to move a phone line properly in the 21st century (!!!). So I may drop from the net anytime from now for an unknown time.
But I will be back :)

I do really enjoy it! I do notice that it is easier to make people happy (not entirely a bad thing)… I think the production is better now than before- May be 12% increase instead of 15% (but I don't think its that bad) if you want… Well, as for the pubs may be it would be better to reduce unhappiness by 1 instead of two.

Still, the only changes I would make for the production, is to have the buildings cost a gold maintenance of say 1 or 2 or 3 per turn. This would add balance though it might be hard to code?

And regardless the main thing I think that needs changing/with happiness is with the tax office- is that the tax office should increase unhappiness by 5 or by a 10% pop value on each city built…

Can we get a jail at the time of a courthouse? increase production by 5%, decrease happiness by X, and cost 5 gold per turn or so?

Hello Uncclewis,

giving the buildings a maintenance cost is very easy to do.

The problem is to keep the balance between gold outcome and income.

You don't have many income possibilities before the market and the AI had a very bad gold balance with all those new buildings. One bad point is that the AI will build a scrap merchant in all cities, even if it has enough iron from mines !
But I will have a look into this balance issues.
Now to be honest I would prefer to put a cost on walls and castle because the state/lord/king/... has to maintain them and it cost money than on a pub or charcoal burner because those are "private firms" and they (should) cost nothing to the state.
But I agree that a bonus in production should probably not be 100% free :)

And regardless the main thing I think that needs changing/with happiness is with the tax office- is that the tax office should increase unhappiness by 5 or by a 10% pop value on each city built…
Yes I will look into this as well.

Can we get a jail at the time of a courthouse? increase production by 5%, decrease happiness by X, and cost 5 gold per turn or so?
Very easy to do. Why the increase in production? is it work done by the prisoners ?

love this mod just a few suggestions?

I dont think they had coal in the anciant times :p

you should only be able to build a ski resort when there's snow?

the aircraft factory should be required to build air units instead of just boosting production

Top Bottom