Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Getting a really strange bug here. It has happened twice now at this exact moment, i replayed the last few 50 or 100 turns to make sure. Saves are 500-800kb the 2nd time, first time they were around 11kbish. possibly corrupt (again)
Spoiler :

I can upload the saves if you need.

Mech Infantry up gradable without research after WWII Infantry.

On the upgrade cost variations maybe going to something like this
Each Era the cost goes up.
So units that upgrade to a Medieval Era unit might all cost 30 gold and all industrial Era units unit cost 100 gold and Modern Era all 200 gold no matter what it upgrades to.
This might make it easier on you instead of this unit is X and that one is Y.

Another thought and I have no idea if it is possible is that Whales not be found within 2 tiles of the coast.
Maybe add squid or lobster as additional sea resource or if above is possible add Tuna but it only shows more than 2 tiles from shore. (deep ocean tiles)
This could allow for something like canneries or fish markets to add gold and food early on.

Adding to Archaeology how about shipwrecks and allow Archaeologists to recover them and add to museums.

Now on unit ranges. Early era units are like Archer are 1, than longbow is 2, then artillery is 2. Given that modern artillery fire so much farther maybe adding and shortening range is in order.
Bows 1 tile
Cannon 2 tile
Artillery 3 tile
Rail Gun/MLRS 4 tile
Just add strength with upgrade from Archer to Long Bow and not range.

Is there a reason that cities keep using rocks about cannon are researched?

Can city range be increased with same premise of weapons?

With flight add Air Raid Shelter which reduces damage from bombers by 5%.
Research integrated air defense increases damage or interception to incoming aircraft by 5%. (National Wonder with Radar) Add radar to all cities and it opens Radar UNit makes city and nearby AA guns 5% more effective.

Are there any better models for the Airships, they look pretty cheesy.

Just thoughts

thank you for all your hard work
GQ

hello Achi and DJGspinNhitz,

Achi I could use your save game and the log files (Database and Lua.log).

I will look into the culture and gold issue this week, at least this is something that I can solve really quick. Next will be the upgrade costs, it will take longer : I have to look into the game mechanics to see how those are calculated.

About the units range :
Archer with 1 : I did that some time ago but it did not reflect the ability for archers to shoot above a shield of infantry/cavalry troops (and this makes more sense than the early canons shooting above the troops to be honest :) )

Is there a reason that cities keep using rocks about cannon are researched?
The animation for the cities is bound to the Era not to a specific tech.

Can city range be increased with same premise of weapons?
It's probably doable, I wil keep it in mind and have a look in it.
But on the other hand : the ability for cities to fire makes sense until the medieval era : at this time catapults and other "heavy" weapons were served by women to defend the city. This would free the
men to fight as troops. Since the Renaissance cities are either defended by troops or defenseless.
The ability for the cities to fire can be seen as a militia, but to have heavy weapons with long range you need the regular soldiers.

With flight add Air Raid Shelter which reduces damage from bombers by 5%.
Research integrated air defense increases damage or interception to incoming aircraft by 5%. (National Wonder with Radar) Add radar to all cities and it opens Radar UNit makes city and nearby AA guns 5% more effective.

Nice idea, I put it on the list.

Are there any better models for the Airships, they look pretty cheesy.

not for now :( or I remove 1 airship to have only the zeppelin model (a hot air balloon would be nice as a 1. airship but so far there is none for Civ5)

Sorry for certain cheap question but it's not clear to me which version should I download.

Hulfgars Modpack Ultimate Edition for BNW v3
or
Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition for BNW 6.4 (v 6)
or
Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW version 6.1

I experienced Aichi's crash with complete Edition 6.4, but my installation was a clean BNW with only city states flags mod.

I'm now going to try the Ultimate but I suggest you clean up that first post. :D

Hulfgar
Have you solve the Freebooter Barbarian as troops walking on water, is it in the mod or is it a bad file on my end?

What you said about cities makes sense, which is why I wanted to see late game artillery being able to shoot 4 maybe even 5 tiles for certain weapon types with cities stopping at 2 or 3. This may be forcing city spacing to 5 or 6 tiles though so border cities don't lob shells at each other with artillery inside the city walls.

Let me know if the files were good and I got the logging thing right!

Thank you
GQ

Nearly forgot:

I also have an issue with icons. Most of game icons like the "build city here" suggestion or the era advancements of other civs during AI turns, and again the faith icon in tiles improvements. You get the picture. Sorry I couldn't get a screenshot, happens very often after 30/40 turns, then becomes constant.

Tried another game with reinstall this time along with the enhanced menu mod and game started, kept going for more than 50 turns without problems (apart from icons issue). When messing up with a tile i decided to load an autosave the game crashed with the dear Dx11 message.

Hello DJGspinNhitz,

just checked your log files and found a bug in the artdefine code for the infantry but nothing related to the Freebooter bug.
I tried your save game and the freebooter looked fine, which confirmed my own exprience with this unit. So I think the bad file is on your end, the question is why and where.

You could try this :
delete the mod and any previous version you may installed.
delete the file Civ5DebugDatabase in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache to clear the database.

Make sure you have no other mod enabled (except IGE if you like), try the mod again (you can use your save game for this).
If it doesn't work I will search further.

Caprera : I don't really see what you mean with the icons : don't they display correctly or is it something else ?

The current up to date version of the mod (complete edition) is Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition for BNW 6.4 (v 6).

I'm now going to try the Ultimate but I suggest you clean up that first post.

Beware : The Ultimate is for Gods and Kings :)

I did what you said and I still got infantry on the water..lol I don't use any other mods with yours. Is there a file you can send and I just replace and see if that works?

Icons randomly appeared to have no alpha layer, and still inscribed in a square like in an image editor view.

Now that I'm using the version 7 (picked from previous page) I have no more problems running the game but after some turns it crashes during the AI turns.

Happens often when I'm about or just finished building the Great Library (just to give a reference). I kept using the same setup without other mods except the enhanced UI erasing the Attila folder as the Readme says.

It is happening regularly and I haven't read anything about it here. Am I right ?

DJGspinNhitz try to use the file attached bellow. Copy it in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW ver7 (v 7)\XML\Barbarians and overwrite the old file.

Just tell me if it changes something.

Caprera can you provide me a save game and the database and lua log files please ?

Attachments

• BarbariansUnits.7z
    4 KB · Views: 59
I was using the 7th version.

I am back to the 6.4 and i don't know why but a new installation managed to get it working.

I have the savegame problem anyway and I have had a couple of corrupted games with save files of 2Gb size that stopped the game from running.

Nothing else apart from the icons bug: sadly the screenshot is not the most representative.
Icons generally pop up with their frame only, the circle and nothing else.
Otherwise black squares or this:

I was using the 7th version.

I am back to the 6.4 and i don't know why but a new installation managed to get it working.

I have the savegame problem anyway and I have had a couple of corrupted games with save files of 2Gb size that stopped the game from running.

Nothing else apart from the icons bug: sadly the screenshot is not the most representative.
Icons generally pop up with their frame only, the circle and nothing else.
Otherwise black squares or this:

I have experienced a similar problem on my laptop but I have no issues on my desktop PC so I am assuming lower spec machines may have trouble with all the extra graphics requirements.

Caprera : try to uncheck the GPU options in the videos options of the game.

DJGspinNhitz any news on your side ?

I downloaded v7 and i finished my first game since v3. I just have one crash, but reloaded and worked very well. It's a miracle!

Hulfgar
No still have a bunch of spearman running on water. On the plus side no crashes or other issues to report.
GQ

Except what I said earlier, like Cure for Cancer is open a beginning of game. Really need some gold help early on and maybe tweak it down a tiny bit much later in the game for balance.
AI spamming issue for barbarians is the Footbooter (for me they are guys walking on water but ships for everyone else...lol) This game the made dozens of them, they often make a lot of them but this game was crazy. Also can they upgrade? I am running around with Battleships and they have what I believe is supposed to be a Barbarian Frigate. I have never seen a Barbarian ship above this level.

Hulfgar, i'm sure this has already been asked before but would the game not work if this mod was used side by side with another mod that adds a new civilization?

Also is there any way to prevent the saves from going corrupt? It's happening so much more now, twice in one day. It's at the point where i can't even finish games x\

Top Bottom