Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

A couple of things:
1. Atomic Age and Modern Age in the tech menu are backwards. Atomic comes first then modern then information.
2. Manned Space Flight should be in the Atomic Age (1960's) not later.
3. I noticed in Ver. 7 that many techs were locked at end will those be opened up later?
I would love the mod to end basically with today's technology. M1A1 Tanks and so on.
4. Upgrade from Dreadnought to Battleship cost is 205 but I think the maintenance cost must be wrong since I upgraded all 9 of my ships and went from +400 to -300 after before finishing my turn.
5. Gold seemed very tight throughout this last game with exception of a short period in the middle.
6. No crashes to report!.
7. Cristo Redentor should add must be built with in 2 tiles of mountain

Found a possible bug. American Infantry is invisible. I upgraded from Great War Infantry and the units disappeared. I also got a CTD right after.

Hi all,

I downloaded v7 and i finished my first game since v3. I just have one crash, but reloaded and worked very well. It's a miracle!
Good news Canabrava, I'm glad you could finish a game at least :)

would the game not work if this mod was used side by side with another mod that adds a new civilization?

Achi basically there is no reason why a modd adding a Civ should not work with mine. If you encounter some difficulties just report it to me and I will look into the problem.

Also is there any way to prevent the saves from going corrupt?
You're playing the Complete Edition I suppose? I'm still looking for the reason of the bug. I know it's frustrating, for me as well : with my current game (playing ver 6.4) the bug did not appear and there is no trace from it in the log files.
So I'm still looking in the lines of code of the mod but because I don't know what I'm looking for I can't say how long it will take and will probably not be able to say it's solved until there no more report of this bug.

DJGspinNhitz :

1. Atomic Age and Modern Age in the tech menu are backwards. Atomic comes first then modern then information.
Thanks, I will probably rename the last eras.

3. I noticed in Ver. 7 that many techs were locked at end will those be opened up later?
No those techs are disabled because they belong to the Complete Edition. To disable them is easier, quicker and safer than to delete them (most of those techs are from the vanilla Civ 5).
If I delete them I need to delete any reference to those techs (flavors, ...) if I forget 1 reference it will generate a major bug!

I would love the mod to end basically with today's technology. M1A1 Tanks and so on.
So if I understand you right you wish the Complete Edition but whithout the Giant Death Robot and X-Com Squad ? I can make an option for this in the Complete Edition.

The next version should come in 1 or 2 weeks :
I am working on the gold and culture issues and some of your suggestions DJGspinNhitz.

I wish you all a nice Sunday :)

DJGspinNhitz : I've not given up to find why you have this bug with the freebooter but I am out of ideas for now :(
Can you send me some fresh log files and save game please ?

Not sure if you were aware of this, but in the complete edition the Anti-tank infantry has the spearman skin. I like the unit but found it funny men with spears could take out tanks lol

Hi Achi,

it's a bug (as you can imagine :) ) I will check on my side. Thanks for reporting it.

Hulfgar

Yes Complete edition minus the futuristic stuff would be perfect.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3galgrrotq2yn/

All the games are Ver. 7, I will switch back to the complete once the next update comes out.

I tried reinstalling CIV 5 BNW to see if it would fix the Spearman at ships issue but it did not solve it.

Question: Why does Calvary upgrade to WWI Tank? Calvary became the Air Calvary in the 1960 Vietnam. Wouldn't upgrading to Helicopter be a better choice?
Is your Mod compatible with the R.E.D. Mod?

Thank you for all your work, definitely best CIV 5 Mod out there.

Complete edition minus the futuristic stuff would be perfect.
ok I will add this option for the next version :)

I tried reinstalling CIV 5 BNW to see if it would fix the Spearman at ships issue but it did not solve it.
I will try something else when I'm back home this evening : I will zip my mod folder and put it to download to see if it helps you.

Question: Why does Calvary upgrade to WWI Tank? Calvary became the Air Calvary in the 1960 Vietnam. Wouldn't upgrading to Helicopter be a better choice?

Because Tanks are the direct successors of Cavalry :

Light armored vehicules replaced the light cavalry as scouts and tanks replaced the heavy cavalry as shock troops, whose role was to break through the ennemy lines and exploit any breakthrough with their speed.
The military speak of cavalry squadrons and tank squadron.
In France tank regiments are named Cavalry Regiments and the heavy tanks units are named Cuirassiers Regiments. The Regiment's standards honors the battle of the old and new cavalry regiments (going back to 1668 for the 12th Cuirassier Regiment for example).

As tank killer the helicopter is the successor of the AT guns and Tank Destroyers.
I think the US call them Air Cavalry for their ability to hit and run and for the ability to transport troops really quick (Dragoons were mounted infantry for example : they moved on horses for speed and fought dismounted).

Is your Mod compatible with the R.E.D. Mod?

no it's not : we both change the unit skins and at some points there is some conflicts because of similar lines of code.

Hulfgar
Shows how certain some things are very different depending on where you are from. The U.S. being such a young nation in many ways compared to France, England, and Germany for example.
One of these years I will hop the pond and see Europe. I have friends in Denmark that keep telling me to visit.
Thank you for all the work you do.
GQ

Hulfgar
Just had a CTD.
Possible issue is American Infantry Regiment has no model displayed, it also can be immediately upgraded to American Mechanized Infantry prior to Sloped Armor. The model appears to be a Striker Assault Vehicle which is of course in the wrong era. After upgrading several I got the CTD same as a previous time. However I am sure if it is like the previous I will be able to continue playing as long as I don't upgrade too many of them in one turn.
I can upload log files later if you want them.
GQ

DJGspinNhitz
thanks for the log files and the last report.
With the infantry upgrading as mechanized infantry I can confirm that it's a bug (I forgot to kill this upgrade).
I'm correcting it right now (infantry will upgrade as motorized infantry).

I don't get the bug with the infantry not displayed and there is an error message in your logs ( [327713.234] near "(": syntax error in database.log ) that I don't have on my side.

Once ver 7.1 is ready I will put 2 versions to download : the modbuddy version and a copy of my mod's folder. I'd like to know if one of the 2 versions works for you because so far I can't explain why with the same config than me you seems have those bugs!

Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW version 7.1

Update for a better Gold and Culture balance :

Deer, Bananas, Fish and Whales will provide 1 Gold.
Maintenance Cost for some Buildings lowered.
Temple, Monastery, Opera, Theater, Colosseum, Museum and Library will provide a better Culture boost.

Maintenance of the Battleship back to vanilla settings.

3 New National Wonders :
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (called Institut Pasteur for the french gamers) :
15% of Food is carried over after a new Citizen is born, and adds 5 Happiness. Requires a Medical Lab in all cities.
Idea for this building : DJGspinNhitz

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1 extra Delegate at the World Congress, 1 extra Trade Route and 1 extra Spy. Must be build in the Capital.

Interior Ministry
+1 Happiness from each Police Station, Courthouse and Constabulary. Requires a Police Station in all cities. Must be build in the Capital.

Cosmetics and bug correction :

Renamed the Modern Age in Mass Production Era
WW2 Infantry (and it's UUs) will no longer upgrade to Mechanized Infantry but to Motorized Infantry.

Notes : the changes in the upgrade path for the Infantry may make ver 7.1 uncompatible with ver.7 save games.
The 3 new National Wonders may have the same effect (uncompatibility) if you wish you can disable them by deleting the file Buildingsver7.xml in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW ver7.1 (v 7)\XML\Buildings

I had more changes planned for ver 7.1 but because of the bug with the Infantry I've decided to release it earlier. Feedback on the balance update is welcome to adjust the next version :)

(7zip file coming to download tomorrow)

Freebooter Bug still an issue.
I was in a desert start location which really hurt my gold ability in the first 2 eras but the AI in other locations did well with new gold adjustments.

Was it your other mod or another one I played in past that had a palisade as first defense structure before walls. Opened with wood working and had 5 defense to cities? Can that be added? Be a help with the crazy spawning barbarians early on.

GQ

City States units share the same bug as the barbarians. I had a Crossbowman from friendly CS loitering on the coast of the city for 20+ turns.

I have a new clean install now and the RED modpack was working with the 7.1 version. Though i must say and dunno if related that loadings really feel increased and it crashed once anyway.

Which log files you said were needed to help bug-hunting ?

Hello Caprera,

I need the lua.log and database.log files.

Don't use RED with my mod : we both change the unit skins and for some units this will lead to conflicts that can make CTDs or units looking like spearmen.

loadings really feel increased

yes it's because of my mod but I don't see what has increased the load time so much. It happened suddenly.

DJGspinNhitz the palisade is in both mods. You should find it in the industrial and in the complete edition.

Does nation guard have a build limit? For balance issues, giving nation guard a build cap of 2 or 3 would be nice. Maybe instead you could build 1 national guard for each city you own? (2 cities=2 nation guard)
Have been playing 7.1 and experienced 0 problems so far.

Another idea that crossed my mind, i'm not sure if this is possible but i thought i would just throw it out there.
Icebreaker ships - Obviously able to break ice on maps :) (just like how a worker after a few turns, removes ice)

Hey Hulfgar, just wondering if you've seen anything like this before. Never had this happen with your mod until I downloaded 6.4. I thought at first the game might be corrupted, but it loads and plays just fine. It's just that all the UI icons and leaderheads start running into this sort of stuff after 2-5 turns.

Never seen this before, and Googling UI issues hasn't turned anything up. Wondering if you or anyone else running the mod has had this happen?

can you add more spy opps, like destroy enemy bulding, Kill enemy units and air units like hercules bomber?

Top Bottom