Humankind Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Humankind - General Discussions' started by Infixo, Aug 12, 2021.

1. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

1) In the neolithic age, when I click "auto explore", usually my scouts beeline right towards the goodies/rewards. Is this a bug or a feature? Something has got to be wrong when other players are choosing their first civilization like 8-10 turns into the game.

2) Is there any way to alert myself that there are enemy units in my territory? In my most recent game, a group of mercenaries just silently landed on my shores and marched inland to attack a nearly-undefended city. I simply didn't notice it. But I don't feel like scanning my empire whole every turn.

2. NombreyApellido

NombreyApellido Warlord

almost ashamed to ask... what does the golden laurel wreath on top of an empire's sigil means

i just want one :)

Tigranes likes this.
  3. fortydayweekend

fortydayweekend Warlord

Nope, no idea. I got through to Contemporary with only 4 civics becoming available. New game and I have 20 available by Medieval.

Being ahead seems to limit civics becoming available, if you're behind you get a lot of them.

Also when I have 9 AI I seem to get fewer civic choices than with 5.

Some seem pretty obvious (e.g. have foreign culture in your cities, get Multiculturalism) but it doesn't seem to be a simple if.. then trigger. There are multiple conditions, maybe depending on other empires, and maybe some randomness too.

1) I think has been removed in latest patch. It was a good way to get lots of curiosities if you wanted to linger in Neolithic a long time, and then again in ancient/classical. I had stopped using mostly though as it doesn't help you find mammoths and good city sites which are what you want if you're only doing a short Neolithic (10 turns or so)

2) currently, no.. every turn I set the zoom onto whatever portion of the map I'm interested in and watch for enemy movement. If you're at war you have to be thinking about the fog and possible lines of attack, posting a disposable unit like a scout somewhere to keep an eye out is helpful. Also the AI often takes the most direct route from their cities to yours so you can use the pathing guide to work out which way they might come. That said I've noticed more roaming armies lately.

4. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

Did I just hear 'Spancil Hill' while playing the Celts?

5. tsf4

tsf4 Warlord

Performance get worse for you all with latest patch?

6. fortydayweekend

fortydayweekend Warlord

Has the latest beta/patch broken the tooltips for replacing yields?

If I'm putting a quarter on top of an exploitation that is already giving food/industry yield, the large hover tooltip implies that all the food/ind will be lost, while the smaller one has no negative yields other than stability.

After placing the actual yield is often halfway - eg market quarter on river will show 3 food for infrastructure + feudalism, but not the 8 or so it had previously when it was just an exploitation.

Is anyone else noticing this? It also means the auto-suggested tiles for placement are no longer the "best immediate choice" because they're not taking lost yield into account.

I've only noticed this on the beta, I haven't tried with the new official patch.

7. EscapedGoat

EscapedGoat Warlord

Yes. This is in the live patch as well, extremely irritating, essentially breaking the default suggestion functionality. While this is not always the optimal placement, it REALLY speeds up the game not having to calculate this manually all the time, and most times it is adequate. Hope they fix it soon.

fortydayweekend likes this.
  8. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

yeah now I can't see how much new districts will decrease yields. in the words of Jay Sherman, it stinks!

9. NombreyApellido

NombreyApellido Warlord

quarters and movement points seem wrong too

10. fortydayweekend

fortydayweekend Warlord

Even worse, the numbers don't even add up properly for the positive yields, let alone the negative ones :confused:

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yes, same question. At first I thought they indicate territories obtained by winning a war or wrestling away by expansion as opposed to peaceful land grab by outposts founding. But human player never gets one ..

12. NombreyApellido

NombreyApellido Warlord

ot must be a vestigial feature from previous versions because i'm seeing it right now on a territory on which i just won a 3 round battle and have been ransacking the outpost for 2 turns already

it appears always on outposts only, seen it "exchanging hands" between opponents

looks nice :)

13. NombreyApellido

NombreyApellido Warlord

in my end, something doesn't seem ok looking at the memory usage in task manager as there are moments when the game is iddling and the readout keeps climbing at a steady pace of 0,1MB per second or so without using its built in browser or anything other than the core game w/o connection to G2G

seen it using above 5GB by turn 50 when coming back from a coffee break only to go down to 1,5GB afterwards

always locked at 30fps, 32GB memory i7, 1080 GTX now using hdmi audio after giving up on a discrete audio card

14. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

Is there any reason why my capital would be stuck in a permanent state of rebellion no matter how many stability districts, infrastructure, and projects I do? The stability says "zero but moving up to 70 or so" but it DOESN'T move. Building garrisons, building a city watch, enacting games, nothing changes it.

This has to be a glitch.

lol I'm not continuing my current game if my lousy capital is spawning rebels constantly.

EDIT: reloading the save seems to have fixed it. so strange.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I think it's just a emblematic symbol for Nomad special ability outpost, like Ordu. Same laurel used to mark emblematic district.

NombreyApellido likes this.
  16. NombreyApellido

NombreyApellido Warlord

my lake baikal is labelled praire by default and when testing its movement cost is zero... i can't set it to lake because of its coastal location (i didn't pick it)

is there any way to set its three tiles to "impassable" or some other flag to avoid units going through it?

tagging @Elhoim @Gedemon

edit: as a temp fix i set its tiles to mountains, visuals are ok if wonder is placed afterwards

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Why do they have Mumbai as the first city (capital) for Indians and Dilli only the second?

18. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Northern cities are probably all covered by the Harappans, Mauryans, and Mughals?

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Oddly enough, no. Mughals have Agra for capital and Old Delhi appears as Shahjahanabad.