1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Humbly requesting - replay_background.pcx

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by retro V, Jul 15, 2006.

1. retro V

retro V Prince

Obviously, I can't ask for the original civ3 file as this is deemed piracy.

So, I've looked through the entire libraries for interface mods etc and most of them are so old now that their links are broken. A couple were still alive but didn't have the particular screen I needed.

The screen I need is the ..Art/Replay/replay_background.pcx for vanilla. The one I have is scrambled at the bottom due to a dodgy install (old and knackered CD). I've tried making my own but can't get the dimensions right (it has a pink/transparent window in the middle for the replay viewer). Hence the game crashes right after the leaders give their final remarks when I win/lose/retire/etc.

Please help :religion:
    Thanks in advance.

P.S. DON'T offer the original Firaxis file as that would be PIRACY. It has to be a modded one made by your own kind and generous hands :thumbsup:

2. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

It is pyracy to provide the original Firaxis one? :eek:

And no, sorry, I can't do it now. Maybe I can do it later today or someone else can do it.

3. retro V

retro V Prince

Thanks if you can, Mirc.

Just to show everyone my woes:

Attached Files:

4. Snakelover

Snakelover Tank Commander

I could do it, but it will look completely different from the rest of the interface, but it is not ugly. Is that fine with you? EDIT: Go with odintheking's instead if it works.

5. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

It's amazing what a little C'n'P can do. I fixed it for ya, but its not the original screeb, so we're cool. (And besides, Firaxis is the one who developed the crappy CD that screwed up your game in the first place! If anyone should get angry, it's you!)

(BTW, just paste it into your pcx)

6. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

He said he can't get it the right size, so is he going to be able to paste it? Be sure that the file is 1024x768, like odintheking's one. And make sure it is in 256 colors, and with the mode "Indexed color" and as forced colors Magenta and Green (255,0,255 and 0,255,0).

7. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

This should be a civ3-compatible pcx.

8. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Umm, actually, you are allowed to send parts of the original vanilla Civ III files. Just that you can't send the whole thing.

EX: We have plenty of Civ III Vanilla M-units, stuff that we can easily derive the original units if we tried.

But we have no reason to, because it comes with the game.

But Civ III PTW units on the other hand, we can't make M-units and post them, because we can easily derive the original units from them. And this would lower sales for Civ III PTW. (not that it matters much anymore...)

So asking for a single file in Civ III Vanilla is not piracy. (because your game will not function with a file that is corrupted/missing on your CD that you purchased. A faulty product. ;) )

9. WildWeazel

WildWeazel Yeah, well... Supporter

I seem to have forgotten about this screen in my LotM pack....

oh, right, it's because I never finish my games! :lol:

10. retro V

retro V Prince

Sweet!!

Thanks you lot, one of them will work perfectly (doesn't matter which, I'm grateful for all of them).