[GS] Hungary Discussion Thread

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Please Note: This is to Discuss Hungary, if the First Look gives out any other information please bring it up in the Screenshots Thread or other appropriate thread

Hungary steps up to the world stage in Civilization VI: Gathering Storm. Led by Matthias Corvinus, King of Hungary and Croatia from 1458 to 1490, Hungary is a domination-focused civ that is built for rapid expansion.

Unique Ability – Pearl of the Danube
Rivers play a big part in the prosperity of Hungary’s cities. With “Pearl of the Danube,” any district or building constructed across a river from a city center is built faster. This allows you to outpace the competition through careful city planning around rivers.

Unique Building – Thermal Bath
Replacing the Zoo, Thermal Baths provide Amenities and Production to every City Center within its range. Additionally, if there is a Geothermal Fissure within the same City’s borders, the Thermal Bath provides even more Amenities and Tourism.

Unique Unit – Huszár
The Huszár is an Industrial-era light cavalry unit that receives a Combat Bonus for every active Alliance. The more Alliances, the more bonuses Hungary’s Huszár receives.

Corvinus Unique Ability – The Raven King
Corvinus’ legacy of military conquest plays into his unique ability, “The Raven King.” Units levied from a City-State gain extra movement and combat strength, and it costs no Gold or resources to upgrade evied units. Hungary also sends two Envoys to any City-State Corvinus levies units from.

Corvinus Unique Unit – Black Army
This is a light cavalry unit unlocked once the Castles technology is researched. The Black Army gains additional strength for adjacent levied units.

Edit: Agenda is "Raven Banner": Levies troops from city states; likes civs that do the same, dislikes civs that ignore these mercenaries, and there have been tweaks to the AI so they actually use them (got confirmation on Twitter from Ed). (Thanks @Jkchart )

Last edited:
Pearl of the Danube sounds awesome, +50% production towards every district adjacent to a city center and if the district is across a river. This works for every district.

It's like Japan's ability but not limited to theatre squares, holy sites and encampments. (as long as you don't mind sacrificing a river tile)

EDIT: Not encampments since they need to be 2 tiles away from the city center.

Last edited:
Great Bath Wonder... Probably that temple.
upload_2018-11-27_10-4-0.png

I dont know do i like it or not ... but no denial this is really different and interesting

This looks pretty cool darn cool.
Edit: Although I feel like something similar to "Thermal Bath" would have been better for Japan :p

Very interested in that Pearl of the Danube ability. I love filling river valleys.

Also the colors they had in this video were really nice imo.

Top Bottom