Hungary

Bamboozle

Professional Bowel Mover
Is it just me, or is Hungary being more of a butt than it usually should?

While playing as Burgundy where I conquered all of France, dealt with the spawns of Venice and Genoa, half of Germany, vassalized the Dutch, Arabs and Austrians and have one city in the Balkans (Fiume), the Hungarians consistently declare on me at the most painful times (I had a grand invasion force ready to overrun Spain when he conveniently declares war and moves a huge stack towards my pal Austria). For no reason, it seems. I don't believe there was any historical enmity between the Burgundians and Hungarians in real life, so it can't be scripted. Even when he's at Pleased/Friendly, Matthias always declares on me no matter what the outcome of the previous war was. This is the third war (it's around 1719 right now), whilst the previous two wars were stalemates. He hasn't really made any gains yet he's always declaring on me :confused:

So is this a bug or something, or does he just secretly hate me? I had good relations with him prior to the war; I killed loads of his units, sacked a few of his cities and held my cities, yet he refuses to talk. There's a -4 "The war is going badly for us" diplo penalty (which balances out with all of the + diplo he has for me).

I could take my Spanish invasion force which is sitting near Toulouse and just beat the hell of out of him, but I was reserving that for Spain, and... yeah.

Thoughts? Opinions? Accusations of heresy?

(This is on the version previous to the new one)

Here's a screen if you need it.

No, there aren't any hidden modifiers between Burgundy and Hungary
Maybe you were holding a city in the hungarian zone of interest (hot spot in their war map)?
Or one of your vassals did?

EDIT: Austria is your vassals or Hungary's?
If it is yours, it's perfectly normal that the hungarians declare war on you for some of the austrian territories

Austria is your vassal? then he will always declare war on you (plus Austria) because he's hard coded to hate Austria and want its territory.

Austria is your vassal? then he will always declare war on you (plus Austria) because he's hard coded to hate Austria and want its territory.

Oh, just saw this post now :)
Yeah, I think probably that's the case

Yep, you guys are right. He collapsed Austria and helped himself to his cities, then made a peace deal with me that not only paid tribute but restored all of my cities which he took.

I guess you can learn a lot when it's your first playthrough of the mod :p

Top Bottom