1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns and BNW

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by justinianI, Apr 13, 2013.

1. justinianI

justinianI Chieftain

Just though about this and I don't know if it's been talked about.

The Huns start the game with Animal Husbandry....so, with BNW, they'll be able to build caravans and start trade routes right away! Do you think that the devs will nerf their UA to balance this or will it stay in?

2. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

I don't think it's such an overwhelming bonus that it would need to be nerfed. Just consider it a stealth buff.

3. asmartlittleman

asmartlittleman Chieftain

Sure it is a nice bonus but think about it your playing as the Huns the first foreign city near me is my primary target. So while it would be nice to trade with them i would rather just take them over. You also have to build a trade caravan which could get in the way of building military units.

4. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

It probably won't be a big deal first for gold he would have to find city-states. For food between cities he needs to build the granary. And last but not least for production between cities he needs a workshop. So nothing over powered.

5. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

And what about when your warrior stumbles on a ruin on turn 2 and instantly researches Animal Husbandry? Should that be nerfed? Of course not! :D

And it won't be right away. They still need to find a city-state or another Civ and set-up the trade route. Internal trades can't happen until you actually have a second city. Plenty of time for anyone else to research AH.

No way, shape, or form this is overpowered.

6. Scauthra

Scauthra Chieftain

Also do not forget that units can attack your caravan. While you might be able to pump out a caravan the first few turns, are you going to sacrifice exploration with your warrior to protect it from random barb encounters?

7. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

And, on top of all the things mentioned above, the trading partner has to be close by, as caravans have a very limited reach. Especially foreign capitals will most likely be to far away to be suitable trading partners.

8. djvandyke

djvandyke Warlord

I don't care about this but please give them some city names.

9. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

You're not going to be trading that early as the Huns anyway. You would sack cities with battering rams and get tons of tribute from all those CS around you, at least from the ones you didn't kill.:devil:

:agree:

10. Hakuoh

Hakuoh Warlord

on higher difficultys they start with 1-4 techs anyways.

11. bob massingbird

bob massingbird Chieftain

Not that much of a bonus, since you have to clear the route lest your trading caravan is eaten by barbarians.

12. Zango

Zango Chieftain

Yeah, it's sort of a moot-point because as the Huns if there's a foreign city within trading distance, it should already have a battering ram on its front doorstep.

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Lets just say it gives the Huns options. They can trade with a nearby city state rather than their next target.