Hunting the "Fall of France" crash, I need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
As I've already said, it's something very difficult for me to fix as I can't reproduce it on any of my computers, it never crashes for me...

So I need your help, you who are plagued by the crash !

Here is the save game made by egallouis (thanks), download the edited version Fall_of_France_Test.Civ5Save and put it in your modded save game directory:
..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModdedSaves\single

Launch the mod, load the save, don't do anything, just attack Paris with the Sturmpanzer VI and please report if the game crashes for you.

If it does, try to open ScriptEuro1940.lua in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 39)\Lua\Europe1940" with any text editor (I suggest Notepad++) and remove the code from here :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13832821&postcount=31
and all 3 blocks from here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13832838&postcount=35

and post your lua.log with the result of the Fall of france (crash or not)

How to provide the Lua.log :
  • Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"
  • Launch the game, try to repeat the bug and quit the game once it has happened
  • Before launching it again, go to the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" folder, either open Lua.log with your text editor and save the log as a .txt file or simply zip the log file and then post it in this forum as an attachment to your post (don't try to copy/paste it, it may be too long for the allowed post size)

TIA

Thanks, I'm editing it just a bit to have only one unit to move, and I'll update the instructions :)

No crash for me, here's my lua.log

Now I need everyone's log if the game is crashing on the event, please attach it as a zip (here or post it on mediafire for example), I want the full log, not just the last part, TIA

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 69
Say it need version 40.

okay... I'm going to fix that :)

(and now I remember why I must keep a previous version on my side when starting the next one)

edit: should be fixed, new link in OP.

Here's my log file. One attack from the Panzer would take the city. Also, I like the Maginot Line and Western Wall additions! Great touches.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 73
Thanks, but can you try with the save posted in OP please?

I really want to compare the logs coming from the exact same starting situation.

Thanks, but can you try with the save posted in OP please?

I really want to compare the logs coming from the exact same starting situation.

sorry if it's too much to ask, but that website doesn't work for me (network problems). Maybe you could just attach the file with a post here?

Just comparing MacLazer's log to my own, we both crash at this line:

[479966.046] RedMain: Culture was set on water plot (28,33), removing it ...

I'll try your save and see what result I get

Allright, so finally I was able to use the mediafire save.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 56
Update: I tried your own save, with the same result and same line at which point the game crashes. I've included the log for you.

Attachments

• Lua Fall of France.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 68
The image shows tile 28,33

Attachments

• 2015-05-23_00001.jpg
    2015-05-23_00001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 90
thanks !

as a first test, anyone with the crash can try the following:

Open REDInitFunctions.lua from the "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 39)\Lua" folder with a text editor (like notepad)

find
Code:
GameEvents.CityCaptureComplete.Add(	HandleCityCapture )

and change it to
Code:
--GameEvents.CityCaptureComplete.Add(	HandleCityCapture )

save the file, load the game again and please report if you're going further in the Lua.log.

TIA :)

Here's the log from the game after editing the line in REDInitFunctions.lua

The crash occurs when capturing Paris, and the log once again ends on the same line.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 74
thanks both of you, one candidate less.

you can restore the previous line, now the next candidate is a bit further down in the same file :

Code:
Events.SerialEventHexCultureChanged.Add( CheckCultureChange )

change to

Code:
--Events.SerialEventHexCultureChanged.Add( CheckCultureChange )

(don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to test all those line one by one, after that I'll ask you to cut whole parts of the Fall of France function, but I'm just checking the 2 obvious candidates first)

We have progress!

The code now cuts off in a different place, on the line before the old crash

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom