1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricanes!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Iano, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Iano

Iano Chieftain

So... I just got back from Jacksonville where I retreated for Wilma. I find myself in a severely crippled town with absolutely no power, my EB where my Civ4 resides is all borded up with no power, and I'm typing this from a cafe with free wifi which luckily has some power! So yeah... no Civ4 for me... yet. :(

2. Stefanskantine

Stefanskantine Angry Partisan

Barbarians have raided EB games! 1000 copies of Civ 4 pludered.

3. diet_punk_rock

diet_punk_rock Warlord

wow that sucks, freaking hurricans... t

4. Slbot911

Slbot911 Chieftain

Dam, I thought this thread was about how there are Hurricanes in the game. I was all happy.

5. butlerj1982

butlerj1982 Chieftain

Yeah, having my house, computers and all posessions destroyed in Katrina (live in New Orleans) killed my chances at playing the game too. Hopefully ill be able to find it in Covington or Mandeville.

hurricanes are destroying firaxis' profits!

-john

6. qaturn

qaturn Chieftain

move to the northwest
    the rare earthquake is all we have to worry about

7. doronron

doronron King

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Though, when I read the thread title, I was thinking that there were possibly weather based natural disasters now included in the game...

8. Iano

Iano Chieftain

Good news, I just left the cafe and when I got home I had power and internet. Still now power to the EB store though... which means no Civ IV. :(

9. RoboPig

RoboPig Deity

order it online!

10. Iano

Iano Chieftain

I pre-ordered so I could get all the extra goodies... and I pre-paid in full. ::sad:

11. covenant

covenant Warlord

I am in Miami Beach. My power has not been restored yet, though it has a at work. Fraking figures. But does not matter anyways, most things are closed and UPS is still not delivering so even the delay from Amazon does not matter.. lol... And I love hurricanes, though my heart felt condolances to all you peeps in N.O.

Its amazing what life is like with out TVs and Computers. People are out and about. Chatting. Everyone is friendly. The silver lining.

12. trogdorix

trogdorix Chieftain

...all the more reason to live in South Dakota, where the only real natural disaster is an occational Tornado, and those havent struck anything for years.

13. Iano

Iano Chieftain

Yeah, life without power man... I can't even imagine what it was like in N.O. I woke up this morning and just paced around for 30 min bored out of my mind. I finally left and drove around just to give me something to do. Disadvantage of working from home I guess.

14. asurania

asurania Chieftain

move to calgary.....NO NATURAL DISASTER EVER.....
    but downside is that if u can deal with below freezing weather for 6 months of the year, and a month where it is permafreeze ( - 40 farienhinet and celsiouse [yes that bad] )

and yea new oreleans that was bumer