Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No huts, but barbs and vassal states

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • No Huts, no barbs, but vassal states

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No Huts, no barbs and no vassal states

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
If you want to increase maintenance, you just need to turn up the difficulty(assuming huts and barbs are off ofc ;) ).

I like the idea of barbs.

I really dislike the idea of a civ wiped out by an event where more barbs show up then all the military in the world, in a game like this. I don't know anything about random events, so it's hard for me to have a good comment on it.

I like huts on, barbs normal, vassals on if we have rules against exploits, off otherwise, tech trading on, and tech brokering on.
Agree, except I like tech brokering OFF.

In the team forums, where this discussion has moved. :p

What are these exploits that everyone keeps talking about?
I assume you're talking about Vassal States. To answer with a quote from Oyzar:

When you take a vassal you can cause peace and bump people out of war hence preventing them from taking cities.

While this is probably the main reason to take vassal it can still be abused as vassals let you get free airlift to their cities and can store planes in their cities. By going back and forth voulentary vassals between equal parts you get to do things that normally wouldn't be allowed within the game rules. As an example, in a pitboss game of mine we are in a lategame war, a guy with like 9 cities on my continent vassalies a guy on the other continent with 40 cities, just so the guy with 40 cities can airlift in units to help fight against me, and store planes in his cities.
The other issue with Vassal States is that they increase colonial maintenance. Some people like that and some people don't, but personally I feel that colonial maintenance discriminates too much against civs who start off with only a small land area available on one continent. Thus I much prefer Vassal States being off. ;)

:agree:

But this is another team vote issue anyway. :)

I think this is a team voting option, so Sullla/GA will see what each team as whole wants, and see what the majority opinion of that is to make a decision, so there's no need for another poll here.

I can't stand barbs. I've tried my damnest to 'fog bust' even on Noble level and have had such troubles with barbs. Perhaps I should refer to a guide on dealing with barbs.

No huts b/c I don't like having a purely luck-based advantage, nor do I want the AI to get any kind of extra boost. This makes it all even without hoping luck provides for balance.

Vassals on because my domination/conquest games take way too long without them. Sometimes I'll turn them off if I'm hoping for a little Vanilla nostalgia (without reverting entirely to vanilla)

Top Bottom