1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid Affinity Victories

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by alderon, May 21, 2018.

1. alderon

alderon Chieftain

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but here are my ideas for hybrid affinity victories, which is essentially two affinity victories done at once.

Hegemony (Puritanical Supremacy) - The Hegemony victory is when a Puritanical Supremacy civ builds both the Mind Flower and Emancipation Gate, with the full intention of spreading both transcendence and post human dominance to the rest of Humanity.

Manifest Destiny (Harmonious Purity) - The Manifest Destiny Civ is when a Harmonious Purity civ builds the Mind Flower and Exodus Gate, brining relocated colonists under the rule of a god-like entity and it's demigod like subjects.

Reunification (Puritanical Supremacy) - The Reunification is when a Puritanical Supramcy civ builds Warp Gates that reconnects their planet with Earth, sending robots to aid the ailing homeworld and brining settlers to a new home. (This might be the easiest looking hybrid affinity victory ...)

2. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

But you'd already win the moment you construct one of the Affinity Wonders. ;)

I think the idea of Hybrid Victories is an interesting one, and I actually thought about it myself in the past, but my conclusion for Beyond Earth is that... basically, they would not add anything to the game, simply because Hybrid Affinities do not have real "identities" in terms of gameplay.

A mod - or a theoretical Beyond Earth 2 that will likely never happen - would need to turn Hybrid Affinities into their own thing first for Hybrid Victories to really be interesting. Just having to construct two planetary wonders at the same time would not achieve that in any way.