Hypothesis : Caesar survived in 44 BC...

Lachlan

Great Builder of Civs !
What if Gnaeus Julius Caesar was not assassinated by its proper son Caius Julius Brutus ? I heard that by this time Julius Caesar was planning a military campaign against the Empire of Parthia... Would mean Julius Caesar would be leaded to a victorious campaign against them ? What would be the Alternative History would derivated ?

If possible could you explain the possibility to year 2000 AUC = 1247 AD or 3000 AUC = 2247 AD ?

What would the impact in History if Roman Empire has conquered Parthian Empire ?

I have not really fixed ideas for this, and you ?

:goodjob:

He was planning a campaign against the Dacia of Decebal first. So if Caesar survived the assassination you could end up quashing a huge chunk of Romanian nationalist fake history that pretends there was some kind of equality between the Late Roman Republic and Decebal's Dacia. Of course we never really tend to see that crap here because the two Romanians are respectively a drunkard and another drunkard a guitarist who doesn't come here as often as he used to :(

He rules the Roman Empire with an iron fist, turning it into an ultra-militaristic society like the Spartans and Neo-Assyrians; but to the everlasting joy of all, wiping out all possibilities of the "what if" scenario being invented.

What if Gnaeus Julius Caesar was not assassinated by its proper son Caius Julius Brutus ? I heard that by this time Julius Caesar was planning a military campaign against the Empire of Parthia... Would mean Julius Caesar would be leaded to a victorious campaign against them ? What would be the Alternative History would derivated ?

If possible could you explain the possibility to year 2000 AUC = 1247 AD or 3000 AUC = 2247 AD ?

What would the impact in History if Roman Empire has conquered Parthian Empire ?

I have not really fixed ideas for this, and you ?

:goodjob:

You should not rely on Shakespeare to teach you history. Julius Caesar's praenomen was "Gaius" not "Gnaeus". And Brutus was not his son.

The campaign against Parthia is conjectural from ancient historians. Caesar made no special plans, and it is unlikely he would even have the opportunity given the constant threats against himself. In fact, had he survived his assassination attempt, he would spend more time eliminating enemies from within than without. And based on Roman campaigns in real history, Parthia and Persia could only be temporarily occupied and were never conquered outright. Rome had reached the maximum extent of her domains and was just barely capable of holding them together. My suspicion is that Caesar would simply eliminate his enemies and usher in his own dynasty slightly early.

Shakespeare said nothing about Brutus being Caesar's son.

how is this a hypothesis... it can't be proven.

He rules the Roman Empire with an iron fist, turning it into an ultra-militaristic society like the Spartans and Neo-Assyrians; but to the everlasting joy of all, wiping out all possibilities of the "what if" scenario being invented.

:lol:

how is this a hypothesis... it can't be proven.

the joys of the 'What If' scenario...

Otherwise he'd probably have a very stiff back and perhaps see a Orthopedic related doctor/mage/wizard

Well I imagine if Caesar is not assassinated than Rome misses out on one civil war. Maybe without the infighting Rome can expand more via conquest but I can't imagine them taking down and holding Persia. More likely just a few small territorial gains and then a 'pax romana' just like in OTL. Julius Caeser might produce an heir of his own and Octavian never becomes emperor and they avoid Caligula, Nero, et. al. but instead a different set of emperors with a different set of strengths and weaknesses. Now we are getting into such drastic changes to history that it is not worth going further.

If Caesar survives I still think Rome has a civil war. Caesar versus the Senators who want him removed. He'd win comfortably though. Other than that, I'm not touching this hypothetical.

I believe far too Shakespeare ;)

Thanks "tout de même" :goodjob:

I'm with Dachs here: dacian conquest as far as I know too, not parthian.
How would a dacian campaign end... shrug, no clue, the guy was 60 afterall. I'd put my money on Rome, but I'd say 60/40 or 70/30%.
How would a parthian campaign end... my money are on the parths. What you can't catch is hard to defeat and comes back to hunt you.

But dacian campaign actually makes sense; parthian one - given I consider Caesar one of the smartest guys in history - doesn't make any sense and I doubt he'd do it to begin with. Anyway, even if he'd be that stupid, nothing would've probably change long term - no way romans could've consistently hold Parthia or even a significant part of it.

anyway, given the guy's phenomenal intuition, would've been interesting to see how an empire set up by him would've look like. Though, given the times, if octavian wouldn't come after him and instead you'd get a son who happen to be an idiot...

I don't see any civil war; or any significant one. He thoroughly beat his opposition already.

By civil war I mean more an abortive and quickly crushed coup attempt. Caesar held all the cards, which is why he was assassinated to begin with. It was a pretty desperate move, and the conspirators chose it because it was likely the only move left open to them.

He was planning a campaign against the Dacia of Decebal first. So if Caesar survived the assassination you could end up quashing a huge chunk of Romanian nationalist fake history that pretends there was some kind of equality between the Late Roman Republic and Decebal's Dacia. Of course we never really tend to see that crap here because the two Romanians are respectively a drunkard and another drunkard a guitarist who doesn't come here as often as he used to :(

:goodjob: I heartily approve of this post!!!!! :beer:

Augustus was a smart ruler and far more practical. I think Caesar's desires for glory would have sent him on campaigns that would have weakened the Empire (like in Parthia). After he died, it's hard to say what'll happen with his successor. Augustus was smart to ensure that his prerogatives were transfered to Tiberius while he was still alive to ensure that the Senate didn't resume any extra power. I'm not sure if Caesar would do that (or if he even had plans of someone to succeed his rule). It's possible that the Senate would have resumed until another strongman took over Rome. Sure Civil Wars were a definite part of post-Augustan Rome, but, if Caesar survived assassination, maybe the Pax Augusta never happens.

Hey i don't play the guitar ! So there must be another romanian around here. :mischief:

You guys all realize that the Dacian campaigns, and Decebalus, didn't happen for almost 150 years after Caesar's assassination?

But what if he lived and discovered "Cold Fusion"?

You guys all realize that the Dacian campaigns, and Decebalus, didn't happen for almost 150 years after Caesar's assassination?
Decebal and Burebista are really the same person. :mischief:

Top Bottom